[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas pjanas at oberlin.edu
Sat Apr 19 01:35:15 PDT 2003

Hello everyone.

Here is your weekly digest of news and events information from the Oberlin
Conservatory of Music.

Cleveland native Mark Barden, a piano performance and composition major in
the Conservatory who graduates this May, is one of only 48 college seniors
in the United States this year to win a coveted Watson Fellowship. Read
about Mark and his plans to study the music of Alfred Schnittke in Europe
and Russia by visiting our web site:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con

And for those of you in Northeast Ohio, remember to tune in to WCLV 104.9
FM this Sunday, April 20, at 6 p.m. to hear "From the Top," recorded in
Oberlin's Finney Chapel in February, and featuring Bobby McFerrin!
Far-flung listeners can listen in at wclv.com

For the latest word on upcoming concerts and recitals, please see our
electronic calendar of events:

http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl

I hope you find this digest useful as you plan your stories and programs
about the music world.

All the best,

Marci

Marci Janas
Director of Conservatory Media Relations
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
39 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074
vox: 440-775-8328