[NEohioPAL]A Special "Tricks of the Trade: Struggling, Striving, & Surviving" Intensive

Wakeup4664 at aol.com Wakeup4664 at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 09:28:29 PDT 2003

--part1_181.19c63906.2bd2a8e4_boundary

For Immediate Release

"ACTORS, PLAYWRIGHTS,=A0 & DIRECTORS LEARN 'TRICKS OF THE TRADE:=A0 STRUGGLI=
NG,=20
STRIVING, & SURVIVING'"

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Sue Johnson will present "Tricks of the Trade: Struggling=
, Striving &=20
Surviving" for performing artists, Tuesday, April 29th, Tri-C Eastern, 4250=20
Richmond Road, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM.=A0=A0=20
=A0=20
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Johnson is presenting the 3-hour Career, Craft & Professi=
onal Get-Work=20
Intensive because she believes actors, playwrights, directors and other=20
performers have to keep "plowing through the obstacles" to pursue their=20
passion and get work in the industry.

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 "Struggling, Striving & Surviving" answers individual que=
stions &=20
shows performers how to use unusual & specific "'Tricks' & 'Tools' of the=20
Trade." Participants will Discover New Ways to showcase their artistic=20
ability to enhance chances for success as an actor, playwright or director.=20
Singers, comedians and other solo performance artists will also find value i=
n=20
attending the session.=A0 By special arrangement, actors, playwrights,=20
directors, singers, and comedians are invited to perform a 3-4 minute excerp=
t=20
of their work-in-progress, such as monologues, scene work or solo performanc=
e=20
pieces. A video copy will be provided.=20

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 For several years, Johnson, Director, WAKE UP And LIVE's=20=
Actors'=20
Studio, has been offering=A0 the "Tricks of the Trade" series for Career, Cr=
aft=20
and Professional Development.=A0 Johnson feels it is critical for performing=
=20
artists to keep their hopes and dreams alive, especially in the face of the=20
current state of economic affairs in the artistic community.=A0 Aspiring and=
=20
experienced actors, playwrights, directors and other performers need to be=20
strong in their craft, as well as dedicated to their career and professional=
=20
development to help overcome the odds (such as, finances, age, sex, race)=20
related to getting work and earning income.

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Johnson's style as actor, coach, trainer, and director is=
 to share her=20
own real-world experiences with her students.=A0 She likes to be a testimony=
 to=20
the adage that "it's never too late to pursue your passions and follow your=20
dreams." Her sessions offer an array of 'keeping your dream alive' strategie=
s=20
to keep going when "the going gets rough."

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 "Struggling, Striving & Surviving" asks the following:=
 Do you want to=20
know how you can actually enhance your chances to "Arrive?" Are you ready to=
=20
do what it takes to sell yourself & be: an actor, singer or comedian who get=
s=20
auditions & work; a playwright who gets your work read & produced; a directo=
r=20
who gets to direct? Do you have the skills, techniques, training & experienc=
e=20
it takes to "Arrive?"=A0=A0 "Struggling, Striving & Surviving" will help cre=
ate=20
individual "'Signature Style' Getting -Work Game Plans."=A0 That is, How-to:=
=20
'Dream the Big Dream;' 'Focus on the Future;' and, 'Tackle the Tough Ones.'

Call (216) 561-8608 to register or for complete details about performing=20
brief excerpts of works-in-progress.=20
Fee: $25.00, by Wed. April 23rd. ($30.00 thereafter, received 3 days in=20
advance of session.)=20
Major Credit cards accepted.=20

Make checks payable & mail to:=20
WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio
Attention:=A0 Sue Johnson, Director
19333 Van Aken Blvd. Shaker Hts., OH 44122.

--part1_181.19c63906.2bd2a8e4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B><U>For Immediate Release<BR>
</B></U><BR>
<B>"ACTORS, PLAYWRIGHTS,=A0 & DIRECTORS LEARN 'TRICKS OF THE TRADE:=A0 S=
TRUGGLING, STRIVING, & SURVIVING'"<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT></B>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Sue Johnson will present <B>"Tricks o=
f the Trade: Struggling, Striving & Surviving"</B> for performing artist=
s, Tuesday, April 29th, Tri-C Eastern, 4250 Richmond Road, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM=
.=A0=A0 <BR>
=A0 <BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Johnson is presenting the 3-hour Career, Craft & Prof=
essional Get-Work Intensive because she believes actors, playwrights, direct=
ors and other performers have to keep "plowing through the obstacles" to pur=
sue their passion and get work in the industry.<BR>
<BR>
<B>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 "Struggling, Striving & Surviving"</B> answers ind=
ividual questions & shows performers how to use unusual & specific <=
I>"'Tricks' </I>& '<I>Tools' of the Trade." </I>Participants will <I>Dis=
cover New Ways</I> to showcase their artistic ability to enhance chances for=
 success as an actor, playwright or director. Singers, comedians and other s=
olo performance artists will also find value in attending the session.=A0 By=
 special arrangement, actors, playwrights, directors, singers, and comedians=
 are invited to perform a 3-4 minute excerpt of their work-in-progress, such=
 as monologues, scene work or solo performance pieces. A video copy will be=20=
provided. <BR>
<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 For several years, Johnson, Director, <B>WAKE UP And LIVE=
's <I>Actors' Studio</B></I>, has been offering=A0 the <B>"Tricks of the Tra=
de"</B> series for Career, Craft and Professional Development.=A0 Johnson fe=
els it is critical for performing artists to keep their hopes and dreams ali=
ve, especially in the face of the current state of economic affairs in the a=
rtistic community.=A0 Aspiring and experienced actors, playwrights, director=
s and other performers need to be strong in their craft, as well as dedicate=
d to their career and professional development to help overcome the odds (su=
ch as, finances, age, sex, race) related to getting work and earning income.=
<BR>
<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Johnson's style as actor, coach, trainer, and director is=
 to share her own real-world experiences with her students.=A0 She likes to=20=
be a testimony to the adage that "it's never too late to pursue your passion=
s and follow your dreams." Her sessions offer an array of 'keeping your drea=
m alive' strategies to keep going when "the going gets rough."<BR>
<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 <B>"Struggling, Striving & Surviving" </B>asks the=
 following: Do you want to know how you can actually enhance your chances to=
 <I>"Arrive?"</I> Are you ready to do what it takes to sell yourself & b=
e: an actor, singer or comedian who gets auditions & work; a playwright=20=
who gets your work read & produced; a director who gets to direct? Do yo=
u have the skills, techniques, training & experience it takes to <I>"Arr=
ive?"=A0=A0</I> <B>"Struggling, Striving & Surviving" </B>will help crea=
te individual <I>"'Signature Style' Getting -Work Game Plans."</I>=A0 That i=
s, How-to: 'Dream the Big Dream;' 'Focus on the Future;' and, 'Tackle the To=
ugh Ones.'<BR>
<BR>
Call (216) 561-8608 to register or for complete details about performing bri=
ef excerpts of works-in-progress. <BR>
Fee: $25.00, by Wed. April 23rd. ($30.00 thereafter, received 3 days in adva=
nce of session.) <BR>
Major Credit cards accepted. <BR>
<BR>
Make checks payable & mail to: <BR>
<B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</B></I><BR>
Attention:=A0 Sue Johnson, Director<BR>
19333 Van Aken Blvd. Shaker Hts., OH 44122.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</P></P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_181.19c63906.2bd2a8e4_boundary--