[NEohioPAL]Rainbow Repertory Company presents: MATCHMAKER!! A new audience interactive comedy!!

Brian Richeson bricheso at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 28 10:48:04 PDT 2003

Premiere of MATCHMAKER!!!!!!

 An Audience Interactive Play

 MATCHMAKER, an audience interactive play, is written by Deborah Handlin
 Salberg as a response to TV's reality shows on love and marriage.
 Salberg
 is a member of The Rainbow Repertory Company, producer of the show.

 "I wrote this play as a satire of dating and marriage reality shows. In
 MATCHMAKER, the audience is brought into a TV broadcast studio to meet a
 panel of prospective brides and grooms. The panel host will interview
 each of them to determine their marriage compatibility and will invite
 audience members to submit additional questions and comments. We have
 engaged actors with great improv skills!"

 At intermission each audience member will become a Matchmaker and will
 vote for the pair who should be married. The second act will conclude
 with 'nuptials', a toast and a piece of wedding cake.

 The Rainbow Repertory Company has engaged Oliver Corrigan, founder of
 Newfangled Productions to direct the show. He has gathered a cast with
 members from Cleveland and Columbus as well as local talent. They
 include
 Ron Riegler as the TV host, George Young as the marriage official, Eva
 Conrad, Holly Facer, Viren Gilani, Sandy Hina, Brian Richeson, Deborah
 Salberg, Vince Stillitano and Thaddeus Pudluk. Corrigan states, "This
 cast is great at creating comic dialogue, for every performance of
 Matchmaker will be different. We will never know which two will be
 chosen
 as bride and groom!"

 Performances are May 8-9-10 at 8 p.m. at the Cultural Center Arts and
 Education Building located at 1014 Cleveland Avenue N. W. (behind the
 Civic Center parking deck).

 Tickets are $8 and may be purchased at the door or by reservation at
 330.966.9440.

 Lois DiGiacomo, Director

 The Rainbow Repertory Company, Inc.

 330.966.9440