[NEohioPAL]The Crucible on stage one more weekend

Rebecca Summers rsummers at kent.edu
Tue May 6 19:48:44 PDT 2003

--B_3135058091_146989

=B3If you=B9re looking for an evening of light frivolity, the Streetsboro
Community Theatre production of The Crucible may not be your cup of tea. Bu=
if you=B9re intrigued by intense, thought-provoking material that inspires
spirited conversation with your friends and colors your thought for days,
this play delivers the goods.  The witch hunts in Salem pitted men against
women, neighbor against neighbor, and friend against friend.  The cast=B9s
flawless presentation of these pressures, punctuated with physical brawls
and intense confrontations, illustrates how unbridled fear can transform
loving, intelligent people into butchers of innocent lives. =B2 - On Stage
Review by Margrita Jager, E-Section, Record Publishing

=B3Spirited cast illuminates dark Crucible=B2 - Review by Kerry Clawson, Akron
Beacon Journal

The Crucible
May 9 and 10 at 8:00 p.m.
Streetsboro Community Theatre, 9184 St. Rt. 43 in the Streetsboro Municipal
Building
Tickets:  $10.00/Adults, $8.00/Senior Citizens, $7.00/Students
Box Office:  330-626-9427

Featuring:  Rick Nicely, Jim Hassel, Joe Kenderes, Steve Hoffman, Melissa
Hawkins, Stephanie Foltz, Lauren Parker, Dale Hudson, Barbara Bellamy, Jim
Heldenbrand, Lisa Pyles, Steve Greene, Sally Morris, Chuck Dennison, Tom
Emerick, Ken Rocco, Dottie Emerick, Amanda Cross, Sara Hastings, Mary
Siegel, Jana Reeder, Georgeanne Thorley, Reshanne Reeder, Tiffany Stoker an=
Margo Puette

=B3Last weekend I went to see Streetsboro's production of The Crucible but I
almost didn't. "Oh no!" I said to myself. "A community theatre production o=
The Crucible. I'm probably going to stab my eyes out!" Luckily, guilt
overtook me (knowing several members of the cast) and off I went. I have to
say that the production I saw was one of the best shows I have ever seen -
amateur or professional. This was a near flawless production.  Like I said,
I hate community theatre. Most people do. Because it is bad. People would
like it though, if it were worth seeing. The Crucible is definitely worth
seeing. I'm sending this letter because most of you probably look at this
choice of a play in the same way I did and would have little interest in
seeing it. As far as I know there is one more weekend to go. Go see what
community theatre can be. - Oliver Corrigan, Director of Newfangled
Productions via theatre email sent to members

--B_3135058091_146989

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>The Crucible on stage one more weekend</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">“If you’re looking for an evening of light=
 frivolity, the Streetsboro Community Theatre production of <I>The Crucible =
</I>may not be your cup of tea. But if you’re intrigued by intense, th=
ought-provoking material that inspires spirited conversation with your frien=
ds and colors your thought for days, this play delivers the goods.  The=
 witch hunts in Salem pitted men against women, neighbor against neighbor, a=
nd friend against friend.  The cast’s flawless presentation of th=
ese pressures, punctuated with physical brawls and intense confrontations, i=
llustrates how unbridled fear can transform loving, intelligent people into =
butchers of innocent lives. ” - <B>On Stage Review by Margrita Jager, =
E-Section, Record Publishing<BR>
</B><BR>
“Spirited cast illuminates dark <I>Crucible</I>” - <B>Review by=
 Kerry Clawson, Akron Beacon Journal<BR>
</B>
</FONT>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><H2>The Crucible<BR>
</H2><B>May 9 and 10 at 8:00 p.m.<BR>
Streetsboro Community Theatre, 9184 St. Rt. 43 in the Streetsboro Municipal=
 Building<BR>
</B></FONT><B>Tickets:  $10.00/Adults, $8.00/Senior Citizens, $7.00/St=
udents<BR>
Box Office:  330-626-9427<BR>

</B></FONT>
<P>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><B>Featuring:  Rick Nicely, Jim Hassel, Joe Kende=
res, Steve Hoffman, Melissa Hawkins, Stephanie Foltz, Lauren Parker, Dale Hu=
dson, Barbara Bellamy, Jim Heldenbrand, Lisa Pyles, Steve Greene, Sally Morr=
is, Chuck Dennison, Tom Emerick, Ken Rocco, Dottie Emerick, Amanda Cross, Sa=
ra Hastings, Mary Siegel, Jana Reeder, Georgeanne Thorley, Reshanne Reeder, =
Tiffany Stoker and Margo Puette<BR>
<BR>
</B>“Last weekend I went to see Streetsboro's production of <I>The Cr=
ucible</I> but I almost didn't. "Oh no!" I said to myself. "A=
 community theatre production of <I>The Crucible</I>. I'm probably going to =
stab my eyes out!" Luckily, guilt overtook me (knowing several members =
of the cast) and off I went. I have to say that the production I saw was one=
 of the best shows I have ever seen - amateur or professional. This was a ne=
ar flawless production.  Like I said, I hate community theatre. Most pe=
ople do. Because it is bad. People would like it though, if it were worth se=
eing. <I>The Crucible</I> is definitely worth seeing. I'm sending this lette=
r because most of you probably look at this choice of a play in the same way=
 I did and would have little interest in seeing it. As far as I know there i=
s one more weekend to go. Go see what community theatre can be. - <B>Oliver =
Corrigan, Director of Newfangled Productions via theatre email sent to membe=
rs<BR>
</B><H2><BR>
</H2><BR>
</FONT>