[NEohioPAL]New York City Theater Opportunity -- Work on Michael Sepesy's LOSERVILLE in the NYC Int'l Fring Fest

msep at juno.com msep at juno.com
Tue May 6 19:49:10 PDT 2003

----__JNP_000_6bb4.554e.43f7

Would you like to have a BLAST being a part of
one of the most prestigious fringe festivals in the
country -- the New York City International Fringe Fest?

Would you like to rub elbows with artists from all over the
world?

Would you like to add a New York theater credit to your resume by
doing the EASIEST TECH GIG in your LIFE?

Do you know anyone currently residing in New York who
might be interested in such an opportunity?

Recently, my one-man show LOSERVILLE (originally presented
here at Cleveland Public Theatre in January) was accepted
to be a part of FringeNYC.  However, in order to take advantage
of this tremendous opportunity, I need two (2) responsible, focused,
competent
individuals to work with the show -- a stage manager and an Authorized
Company
Representative, and I must have these positions filled by May 8th,
so if you or someone you know is interested, you must act fast.
These will be paying positions (a paltry sum, since it's coming out of my
pocket,
but you will be paid).

If anyone knows of someone living in NYC who would be interested, such a
candidate would be my first choice, since travel and lodgings are not an
issue.

The festival this year is from Friday August 8th
to Sunday August 24th.  I won't have the
exact dates of my performances until
after the organization receives all of the
info from all of the participants.

The show times vary per performance to allow
everyone to have a chance at prime spots at the given venue.
This experience will involve spending at least one week
in New York City

My show LOSERVILLE is a very
simple to run one-man show -- no
special effects whatsoever -- just me and
a suitcase full of props and possibly a CD of
simple sound cues.  I designed it to tour easily.
The show is an hour an 15 minutes long.

I am self-sufficient and relatively low maintenance
to work with.

The most important position to fill is the
Authorized Company Representative (ACR).
This is an individual who can not be a performer or the stage
manager.  His or her duties are as follows:

-- acts as the only person authorized to contact
the presenting organization on behalf of the company; s/he
is an information conduit between the Festival and
the company;

-- s/he must maintain a working e-mail address since
s/he'll be receiving correspondence with the Festival people;

--s/he has to attend a mandatory box office training session
(one or more will be held during the Festival) because theACR
is the company's representative at the box office -- s/he hangs out to
answer
questions about the show, hands out programs, serves as a friendly
face to meet and greet people.    S/he may interact with any press
or industry people who show up to see the play, and perhaps hand out
press kits.

-- the ACR acts as house manager when the house opens, making sure
everyone has a ticket;

-- the ACR does a quick reconciliation of sales and sign the performance
envelope
once this is done;

-- the ACR acts as the company manager and as the person who signs things

-- the ACR may also have to run around with me to drop off postcards at
other
shows to advertise mine.

Most of this will be a piece of cake for my show, since I'm the only
person in it.

Most of the one-man shows at the Fringe are performed
in intimate black box settings with audience space of about 30-40 seats.
Most venues are within walking distance from one another.

The stage manager has an easier time of it -- goes to 1 tech rehearsal.
There will be 1 general repertory light lot that all shows will use
(usually
from 6-10 shows per venue).  We have to clean the space afterwards and
have 15
minutes to set up and clean up afterwards.

If you or someone you know would be interested in this opportunity,
please e-mail me at msep at juno.com.

Michael D. Sepesy
----__JNP_000_6bb4.554e.43f7

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3Dcontent-type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bottomMargin=3D0 leftMargin=3D3 topMargin=3D0 rightMargin=3D3>
<DIV>Would you like to have a BLAST being a part of<BR>one of the most=20
prestigious fringe festivals in the<BR>country -- the New York City=20
International Fringe Fest?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Would you like to rub elbows with artists from all over the<BR>world?<=
/DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Would you like to add a New York theater credit to your resume by <BR>=
doing=20
the EASIEST TECH GIG in your LIFE?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Do you know anyone currently residing in New York who<BR>might be=20
interested in such an opportunity?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><BR>Recently, my one-man show <STRONG>LOSERVILLE</STRONG> (originally=
=20
presented<BR>here at Cleveland Public Theatre in January) was accepted <BR>=
to be=20
a part of FringeNYC.  However, in order to take advantage<BR>of this=20
tremendous opportunity, I need <STRONG>two</STRONG> (2) <STRONG>responsible=
,=20
focused, competent<BR></STRONG>individuals to work with the show -- a stage=
=20
manager and an Authorized Company <BR>Representative, and I must have these=
=20
positions filled by May 8th,<BR>so if you or someone you know is interested=
, you=20
must act fast.<BR>These will be paying positions (a paltry sum, since it's=
=20
coming out of my pocket,<BR>but you will be paid).</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>If anyone knows of someone living in NYC who would be interested, such=
=20
a<BR>candidate would be my first choice, since travel and lodgings are not =
an=20
issue.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The festival this year is from Friday August 8th<BR>to Sunday August=20
24th.  I won't have the<BR>exact dates of my performances until<BR>=
after=20
the organization receives all of the<BR>info from all of the=20
participants.<BR> <BR>The show times vary per performance to allow=20
<BR>everyone to have a chance at prime spots at the given venue.<BR>This=20
experience will involve spending at least one week<BR>in New York City</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>My show <STRONG>LOSERVILLE </STRONG>is a very<BR>simple to run one-man=
 show=20
-- no<BR>special effects whatsoever -- just me and<BR>a suitcase full of =
props=20
and possibly a CD of<BR>simple sound cues.  I designed it to tour=20
easily.<BR>The show is an hour an 15 minutes long.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I am self-sufficient and relatively low maintenance</DIV>
<DIV>to work with.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The most important position to fill is the<BR>Authorized Company=20
Representative (ACR).<BR>This is an individual who can not be a performer =
or the=20
stage <BR>manager.  His or her duties are as follows:<BR> <BR>-- =
acts=20
as the only person authorized to contact<BR>the presenting organization on=
=20
behalf of the company; s/he<BR>is an information conduit between the =
Festival=20
and <BR>the company;<BR> <BR>-- s/he must maintain a working e-mail =
address=20
since<BR>s/he'll be receiving correspondence with the Festival=20
people;<BR> <BR>--s/he has to attend a mandatory box office training=20
session<BR>(one or more will be held during the Festival) because theACR<BR=
>is=20
the company's representative at the box office -- s/he hangs out to=20
answer<BR>questions about the show, hands out programs, serves as a=20
friendly<BR>face to meet and greet people.    S/he may =
interact=20
with any press<BR>or industry people who show up to see the play, and =
perhaps=20
hand out press kits.<BR> <BR>-- the ACR acts as house manager when the=
=20
house opens, making sure everyone has a ticket;<BR> <BR>-- the ACR =
does a=20
quick reconciliation of sales and sign the performance envelope<BR>once =
this is=20
done;<BR> <BR>-- the ACR acts as the company manager and as the person=
 who=20
signs things<BR> <BR>-- the ACR may also have to run around with me to=
 drop=20
off postcards at other<BR>shows to advertise mine.<BR> <BR>Most of =
this=20
will be a piece of cake for my show, since I'm the only <BR>person in=20
it.<BR> <BR>Most of the one-man shows at the Fringe are performed<BR>=
in=20
intimate black box settings with audience space of about 30-40 seats.<BR>=
Most=20
venues are within walking distance from one another.<BR>  <BR>The =
stage=20
manager has an easier time of it -- goes to 1 tech rehearsal.<BR>There will=
 be 1=20
general repertory light lot that all shows will use (usually<BR>from 6-10 =
shows=20
per venue).  We have to clean the space afterwards and have 15<BR>=
minutes=20
to set up and clean up afterwards. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>If you or someone you know would be interested in this opportunity,=20
<BR>please e-mail me at <A href=3D"mailto:msep at juno.com">msep at juno.com</A>.=
</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Michael D. Sepesy</DIV></BODY></HTML>

----__JNP_000_6bb4.554e.43f7--