[NEohioPAL]Performer "friendly" space available to live or work

srm9 at cwru.edu srm9 at cwru.edu
Wed Aug 20 16:53:29 PDT 2003

Dear listmembers,

I want to communicate to as many people as possible that the building
next to our MorrisonDance studio is available for rent - the whole thing
- or parts, at affordable "performing artist" rates.  I, myself, would
love the old storefront as our new dance space (and it would serve as a
nice informal showing space) - but we are tied up in a lease/management
agreement next door.  We would love to see more performing artists
and/or artists (galleries) in the area (Ohio City) - and the landlord
(Mike) is a great guy, who wants to see artists in the buidling, but he
doesn't know how to go about it (a person who goes to shows but doesn't 'know' any of us!).

Rental rates are from $450 - $850/month for living space (upstairs) or
work space (downstairs - 2 storefronts w/ wood floors) located  at 4207
Lorain Avenue.  It sounds like Mike is also willing to make a "package
deal" if anyone is interested in occupying the whole building for
art-related purposes.  I'm not sure what that means exactly - but you
can contact him yourself, and we'd welcome you as our neighbors in the
city (and it IS the city).  FYI - the current tenants ("The Hard-Hatted
Women," a non-profit oganization) are moving out at the end of the
month.  It's a very cool building that was built on top of Fay Jay's
Coal Yard - which was a part of our building's business back in 1876 as
far as we know.

For info, or to check out the space, call Mike Kaneski
440-546-1110

Hope to see you as a neighbor!

Sarah Morrison
MorrisonDance