[NEohioPAL]The Plain Dealer needs Local Movie News

Alexcine at aol.com Alexcine at aol.com
Fri Aug 29 22:58:30 PDT 2003

Some time ago the Plain Dealer took a step toward recognizing the Cleveland movie community with a column by Julie Washington in the Friday Arts section. The title was at first Location: Cleveland, but it has sometimes switched to be Local Television. Yet little by little any news of anyone in the movie community here accomplishing anything has been pushed aside in favour of some former Clevelander
who is now in Los Angeles.

Today's edition was dominated by the TV show "Elimidate" coming to Cleveland back in July. While I have to admit I've watched the show a few times and it was entertaining, I would have enjoyed reading any story about people here in the community making movies.

I know people in Cleveland make movies.

So, I wanted to implore my fellow colleagues to send Miss Washington some local movie news about filmmakers in the community.

You can reach her at jwashington at plaind.com, 216-999-
4539. Tell her I sent you. Let her know the movie community is still alive here.

Sincerely,

Alex P. Michaels
http://www.prelude2cinema.com
Prelude2Cinema