[NEohioPAL]SS MATHER - Special Program Sat. Night, Sept. 27

Rob Catalano RobCat-64 at msn.com
Tue Sep 23 14:26:43 PDT 2003

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C381F7.DB9B5040

If you've never been onboard the Steamship WILLLIAM G. MATHER or ever won=
dered about what those big ships haul on the Great Lakes, have we got a p=
rogram for you!

This Saturday, Sept. 27, starting at 6 pm, the SS MATHER Museum along wit=
h the Cuyahoga Valley National Park will present, "Cleveland Canoes, Cana=
ls, and Cargoes" on and around the SS MATHER at Cleveland's North Coast H=
arbor behind the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

You'll play the role of a canal worker, runaway slave, passenger, deckhan=
d, and stock holder of a shipping company as you travel around the MATHER=
 and learn a bit of the history of the cargoes transported through Clevel=
and's waterways.  Costumed characters will enthrall and delight you as yo=
u enjoy the scenery from Cleveland's waterfront during sunset.

The stories are intriguing and the setting is perfect to learn more about=
 your Great Lakes Heritage.  The program is for high school age and up an=
d lasts about 1 1/2 hours.  Tours leave every 30 minutes, 6-8 pm, and gro=
up size is limited, so reservations are required.

Admission is the same as regular admission and supports the non-profit MA=
THER Museum.  $5.50/adult; $4.50/senior; $3.50/student.  Program is FREE =
for Museum Members & Volunteers.

Call 216-574-9053 for reservations.  If you get voicemail, leave your nam=
e, number of people attending, and phone number.  We'll call you back to =
verify your starting time.

Hope to see you onboard!

Rob Catalano, Museum Manager

SS WILLIAM G. MATHER Museum
Ph. 216-574-9053
Fax: 216-574-2536
E-mail: wgmather at msn.com
www.wgmather.org

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C381F7.DB9B5040

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>If you've neve=
r been onboard the Steamship WILLLIAM G. MATHER or ever wondered about wh=
at those big ships haul on the Great Lakes, have we got a program for you=
!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This Saturday, Sept. 27, starting at 6 pm,=
 the SS MATHER Museum along with the Cuyahoga Valley National Park will p=
resent, "Cleveland Canoes, Canals, and Cargoes" on and around the SS MATH=
ER at Cleveland's North Coast Harbor behind the Rock & Roll Hall of F=
ame.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>You'll play the role of a canal worker,=
 runaway slave, passenger, deckhand, and stock holder of a shipping compa=
ny as you travel around the MATHER and learn a bit of the history of the =
cargoes transported through Cleveland's waterways.  Costumed charact=
ers will enthrall and delight you as you enjoy the scenery from Cleveland=
's waterfront during sunset.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The stories are=
 intriguing and the setting is perfect to learn more about your Great Lak=
es Heritage.  The program is for high school age and up and lasts ab=
out 1 1/2 hours.  Tours leave every 30 minutes, 6-8 pm, and group si=
ze is limited, so reservations are required.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV=
>Admission is the same as regular admission and supports the non-profit M=
ATHER Museum.  $5.50/adult; $4.50/senior; $3.50/student.  Progr=
am is FREE for Museum Members & Volunteers.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <=
DIV>Call 216-574-9053 for reservations.  If you get voicemail, leave=
 your name, number of people attending, and phone number.  We'll cal=
l you back to verify your starting time.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Hop=
e to see you onboard!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Rob Catalano, Museum M=
anager</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>SS WILLIAM G. MATHER Museum</DIV> <DI=
f=3D"mailto:wgmather at msn.com">wgmather at msn.com</A></DIV> <DIV><A href=3D"=
http://www.wgmather.org/">www.wgmather.org</A></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C381F7.DB9B5040--