[NEohioPAL]Exciting Project! --Compiling a list of Performers

Noah Budin nbudin at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 11 21:02:24 PDT 2003

--0-1858815166-1065931344=:42760

Hey NEOhioPal Listers!

I would like to put a list together of as many of the various diverse cultural and ethnic performing artists and acts in the NE Ohio area as possible. I am not a booking agent, nor do I plan to publish the list (not at this point, and not without the consent of everyone on it). I am doing some research for a possible, exciting, future project involving a start-up not-for-profit organization. I will not use this list for anything other than research; I will not exploit any performers, no one will receive mass mailings, spam or phone calls. You will never incur any expense from this. I will not provide or sell this list to anyone involved in any of those above mentioned things.

WHAT I'M NOT LOOKING FOR: Individual actors who happen to be of a particular religion, race or ethnicity (Jewish, Black, Greek, Polish, etc.) who do theater (although I'm sure you're all wonderful and I've probably seen you in several productions). However, doing theater does not exclude you if you fit the criteria below.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR: Individuals or groups who perform, or can perform, specifically within a religious, ethnic, or cultural context. You can be musicians of any genre (traditional, folk, rock, pop, etc.), storytellers, comedians (not degrading or blue), dancers, even visual artists, and anything else that I may not have thought of.

Some examples might be: Contemporary Native American Rock (such as the group Shouting Mountain), traditional Greek Bouzouki players, Irish step dancers, African American storytellers, Muslim theater groups, Polka bands, Contemporary Gospel (such as The Prayer Warriors), etc. Those are examples -- the specific ethnicities mentioned are not limited to the specific genres. There really is no limitation other than that your art should reflect some aspect of an ethnicity, race or religion, preferably your own.

I am open to any ideas. I'm sure there are people out there doing things that I never thought of or heard of (I'm talking arts here). Also, feel free to pass this message along to anyone you know who might be interested who is not on this list.

All it is right now is the early stages of compiling a list (not an email list -- just a list). If you would like to be on a compiled list, please email me with the pertinent information i.e. your name or name of your group, contact person, what you do and some sort of contact information.

Northeastern Ohio is one of the most culturally diverse areas in the country. And we have a strong and vibrant performing arts community. There must be hundreds of acts such as I've described out there. Again, please pass this message along to anyone you know who is not on this list and would fit the bill.

I thank you in advance for the strong response I know I'll get.
Noah Budin
NBudin at sbcglobal.net

--0-1858815166-1065931344=:42760

<DIV>
<DIV>Hey NEOhioPal Listers!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I would like to put a list together of as many of the various diverse cultural and ethnic performing artists and acts in the NE Ohio area as possible. I am not a booking agent, nor do I plan to publish the list (not at this point, and not without the consent of everyone on it). I am doing some research for a possible, exciting, future project involving a start-up not-for-profit organization. I will not use this list for anything other than research; I will not exploit any performers, no one will receive mass mailings, spam or phone calls. You will never incur any expense from this. I will not provide or sell this list to anyone involved in any of those above mentioned things.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>WHAT I'M <STRONG><U>NOT</U></STRONG> LOOKING FOR: Individual actors who happen to be of a particular religion, race or ethnicity (Jewish, Black, Greek, Polish, etc.) who do theater (although I'm sure you're all wonderful and I've probably seen you in several productions). However, doing theater does not exclude you if you fit the criteria below.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>WHAT I <STRONG><U>AM</U></STRONG> LOOKING FOR: Individuals or groups who perform, or can perform, specifically within a religious, ethnic, or cultural context. You can be musicians of any genre (traditional, folk, rock, pop, etc.), storytellers, comedians (not degrading or blue), dancers, even visual artists, and anything else that I may not have thought of.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Some examples might be: Contemporary Native American Rock (such as the group Shouting Mountain), traditional Greek Bouzouki players, Irish step dancers, African American storytellers, Muslim theater groups, Polka bands, Contemporary Gospel (such as The Prayer Warriors), etc. Those are examples -- the specific ethnicities mentioned are not limited to the specific genres. There really is no limitation other than that your art should reflect some aspect of an ethnicity, race or religion, preferably your own.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I am open to any ideas. I'm sure there are people out there doing things that I never thought of or heard of (I'm talking arts here). Also, feel free to pass this message along to anyone you know who might be interested who is not on this list.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>All it is right now is the early stages of compiling a list (not an email list -- just a list). If you would like to be on a compiled list, please email me with the pertinent information i.e. your name or name of your group, contact person, what you do and some sort of contact information.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Northeastern Ohio is one of the most culturally diverse areas in the country. And we have a strong and vibrant performing arts community. There must be hundreds of acts such as I've described out there. Again, please pass this message along to anyone you know who is not on this list and would fit the bill.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I thank you in advance for the strong response I know I'll get.</DIV>
<DIV>Noah Budin</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:NBudin at sbcglobal.net">NBudin at sbcglobal.net</A> </DIV></DIV>
--0-1858815166-1065931344=:42760--