[NEohioPAL]Theatre Artists Against Discrimination

aharland at bw.edu aharland at bw.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:28:10 PST 2003

Dear Friends,
   I have recently been appalled and offended by an upcoming event on
campus that will be taking place on November 19th at 8:00 p.m. in the
William Allman Theatre in the Kliest Center for Art and Drama.  One of
our campus groups is hosting a speaker who will be explaining to others
how Christ can help you leave behind a "sinful" life of homosexuality.
On a campus that attempts to cherish diversity I am disgusted by this
decision to try and change any of the beautiful uniqueness we have been
blessed with on our campus, in our lives or on our planet.  I will not
stand for the choice of these people to belittle and chide my
friends...my family.  While I do not agree with their opinion I respect
their freedom to hold their own beliefs.  I do not respect their decision
to falsely advertise the event as Courage of Coming Out, a phrase which
suggests encouragement and support of a homosexuality, when in actuality
the are speaking about the sin of being in and the “greatness” of
becoming straight.  With this in mind I am calling on you and everyone
you know to join me on November 19th at 7:00 p.m. in the Lobby of the
Kliest Center for a Peaceful Demonstration of what is TRULY means to LOVE
someone.  The plan of the demonstration is to fill the lobby with people
wearing/carrying symbols of gay pride and love.  The demonstration will
not be in an effort to stop the speaker, but to hold hands with one
another and show them there is another way, a way I believe to be better.
The way of love!  At 8:00 I strongly encourage the demonstration to move
inside and listen to the speaker, followed by a strong and busy
streamline of intelligent and pointed questions.  If you have any
questions or concerns or would like to be involved in helping out with
the demonstration please feel free to e-mail me at aharland at bw.edu.  I
expect to see you all there.  Let's help them to understand what love is
about.
Sincerely,
Amanda M. Harland

Peaceful Demonstration

What it means to Truly Love
 Meet in the Lobby of the Kliest Center
November 19th @ 7:00

In opposition of  Homosexual Discrimination
to be Presented by Campus Crusade’s  Guest Speaker  @ 8:00 in the William
Allman Theatre

What it Involves:
Wear/Carry symbols of gay pride
(if you don’t have anything it doesn’t matter all we really need is your
heart, and your supporting hand present with us)
We will build a wall of strength and love
 By Taking the Hands of our Neighbors and Showing them what it means to Love

At 8:00 I strongly encourage the demonstration to move inside and listen
to the speaker, followed by a strong and busy streamline of intelligent
and pointed questions.

The demonstration will not include ANY physical opposition to the speaker
or those who support the speaker.

Questions e-mail aharland at bw.edu