[NEohioPAL]DELETE NOW: A Mike & Ike Satirical Review of Strongsville Community Theatre's "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Mike and Ike limeyhick at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 13:40:11 PST 2003

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING REVIEW SHOULD BE READ AT LEAST FIVE TIMES FOR MAXIMUM ENJOYMENT

NOTE:  Mike and Ike wish to apologize for the lateness of the following review.  They know this particular show closed over a week ago.  The review would have been posted last week but someone sent them a tape of the first nine episodes of Carnivale on HBO and no one has seen them for the last seven days.

IKE:(Southern accent) Okay, let's just get this over with.  We got three more episodes to watch to get caught up.

M:(English accent) Okay, so we drove 40 minutes to a high school in BFE to see the dramatic equivalent of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

I:  Translation:  Need some easy money?  Do this!  Automatic audience.

M:  Now ordinarilly we would not have driven so far for a theatrical primer on cliches, but a good friend of ours was in it.

I:  Yours.  All I know about him is he played a gay Judas and a blind man in love with an annoyin' slut.

M:  Yes,  for those of you who don't know, Brian Hutchison, a fairly well known actor in the Canton area, left Ohio to try to make it in the real acting world.  Sadly, he wasn't able to break into porn so he came back to play Atticus Finch.

I:  Makes perfect sense.

M:  So not only do we get to see him with his clothes on, for a change, we get to see him playing a character much older.

I:  And amazingly enough, he pulls it off.   Ya actually believe that this guy in his mid 20's is playing a character in his 50's.  Come on, limey, more Carnivale!

M:  Fine.  Acting:  Good.

I:  Set:  Quaint.

M:  Scout:  This girl will be in Goonies 2:  The Next Generation.

I:  Boo Radley:  Holy Deus Ex Machina, Batman.

M:  For a play that has been done half a million times before, this was an effective walk down memory lane.

I:  Come on!  We got more Adrienne Barbeau to watch!

NOTE:  The new edition of The Mike and Ike newsletter is out.  If you haven't received it yet, and want it, send an email to limeyhick at yahoo.com