[NEohioPAL]CCC Chorale need singing gigs to fund Italy Tour!

Seaton, Kira Kira.Stocker at tri-c.cc.oh.us
Mon Nov 17 13:46:50 PST 2003

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

    Each of us is acutely aware of the inadequate funding that Arts
receive in educational settings.  Faced with Ohio State budget cuts,
many organizations are cutting back on seasons, and some are even
struggling to stay in business!

    In the face of all that is going on, Tri-C West's small but mighty
ensemble of twenty young singers has been invited to perform at a Choral
Festival in Italy this next summer. All of my students are full-time
college students, with part or full-time jobs, some with families to
boot, and many have not been out of the state, let alone the country!
Yet they are committed to doing just about anything to earn the money to
go, with no hope of budget support from the college!

    The entire trip must be paid off by May 5th, and the students have
already earned about 1/4 of the needed funds already with weekly Bake
and Treasure Sales, car washes, yard and garden care, candy

    They asked me to write to you all with one question....

    NEED ANY ENTERTAINMENT AT HOLIDAY TIME???

    We have a 45-60- minute show, and can also do caroling, visits from
Santa or his elves, and we can bring our own piano.  From homes to
company parties, we can provide some holiday cheer!  Please call if you
can use our services!   216-987-5279

Kira Seaton, Assistant Professor of Music
Cuyahoga Community College, Western Campus
2003 Chair,  Joint Council of Academic and Degree Requirements