[NEohioPAL]Cleveland / Action last 3 shows this weekend

clydesimon clydesimon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 16 19:27:48 PST 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3C423.D5B03420

This weekend will be your last chance to see Cleveland/Action, our final =
production of 2003!   Below is what the critics have had to say about =
it:

Tony Brown of The Plain Dealer: "Treat yourself to tasty kookiness in 2 =
one-acts...Here's to a resurgence of one-act plays, the latest evidence =
of which, a heaping helping of counterculture kookiness titled =
Cleveland/Action, opened over the weekend courtesy of the clever-hip =
convergence-continuum company. . . . Played with just the right degree =
of intellectual nuttiness, Cleveland/Action radiates a goofy, =
avant-garde charm that makes it a nearly perfect cerebral alternative to =
the usual, gloppy holiday fare."

Christine Howey of Scene Magazine: ". . . now and then, we need to be =
yanked out of our complacent reliance on the arc of the commonplace, and =
there are no two plays more suited to that task than Sam Shepard's =
Action and Mac Wellman's Cleveland, now being produced by the small but =
consistently invigorating convergence-continuum group. . . . Both plays, =
directed with wit by Clyde Simon and performed with gusto, invite the =
audience to drop their routine expectations and experience ideas and =
language from a fresh perspective.  It's hard to ask more of an evening =
of theatre than that."

James D'Amico of The Free Times re Cleveland: "Director Simon's =
production is crisp and energetic. and profits from the razor-sharp =
whimsy of Lucy Bredeson-Smiths's mom and Allyson Rosen's alternately =
pubescent and poisonous Joan."   Re Action:  "equally vigorous and =
active, as befits the theater's announced dedication to a physical =
style."

For the full reviews click the following links:

http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/10708796272=
81070.xml?easta

http://www.clevescene.com/issues/2003-12-10/stage2.html/1/index.html

http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DNews&file=3Darti=
cle&sid=3D724=20

Cleveland/Action runs Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 pm =
through Dec. 20 only at The Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd. in Cleveland's =
historic Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $12 general admission, $9 =
for students and seniors.  For reservations call 216-687-0074 or visit =
us on the web at www.convergence-continuum.org
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3C423.D5B03420

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3><STRONG>This weekend will be your last =
chance to=20
see <I>Cleveland/Action</I>, our final production of 2003! =
 </STRONG> Below=20
is what the critics have had to say about it:<BR><B><BR>Tony Brown of =
The Plain=20
Dealer:</B> "Treat yourself to tasty kookiness in 2 one-acts...Here's to =
a=20
resurgence of one-act plays, the latest evidence of which, a heaping =
helping of=20
counterculture kookiness titled <I>Cleveland/Action, </I>opened over the =
weekend=20
courtesy of the clever-hip convergence-continuum company. . . . Played =
with just=20
the right degree of intellectual nuttiness, <I>Cleveland/Action =
</I>radiates a=20
goofy, avant-garde charm that makes it a nearly perfect cerebral =
alternative to=20
the usual, gloppy holiday fare."<BR><B><BR>Christine Howey of Scene=20
Magazine:</B> ". . . now and then, we need to be yanked out of our =
complacent=20
reliance on the arc of the commonplace, and there are no two plays more =
suited=20
to that task than Sam Shepard's <I>Action</I> and Mac Wellman's=20
<I>Cleveland</I>, now being produced by the small but consistently =
invigorating=20
convergence-continuum group. . . . Both plays, directed with wit by =
Clyde Simon=20
and performed with gusto, invite the audience to drop their routine =
expectations=20
and experience ideas and language from a fresh perspective.  It's =
hard to=20
ask more of an evening of theatre than that."<BR><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana><BR></FONT><FONT face=3DArial><B>James D'Amico of The =
Free Times re=20
<I>Cleveland</I>:</B> "Director Simon's production is crisp and =
energetic. and=20
profits from the razor-sharp whimsy of Lucy Bredeson-Smiths's mom and =
Allyson=20
Rosen's alternately pubescent and poisonous Joan."   <B>Re=20
<I>Action</I>:<I>  </I></B>"equally vigorous and active, as befits =
the=20
theater's announced dedication to a physical style."<BR></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana><BR></FONT><FONT face=3DArial>For the full reviews click =
the=20
following links:<BR></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/107=
0879627281070.xml?easta">http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/=
entertainment/1070879627281070.xml?easta</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.clevescene.com/issues/2003-12-10/stage2.html/1/index.h=
tml">http://www.clevescene.com/issues/2003-12-10/stage2.html/1/index.html=
</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DNews=
&file=3Darticle&sid=3D724 =
">http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DNews&f=
ile=3Darticle&sid=3D724=20
</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><EM>Cleveland/Action</EM> runs Thursdays, =
Fridays and=20
Saturdays at 8:00 pm <B>through Dec. 20 only </B>at The Liminis, 2438 =
Scranton=20
Rd. in Cleveland's historic Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $12 =
general=20
admission, $9 for students and seniors.  For reservations call =
216-687-0074=20
or visit us on the web at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.convergence-continuum.org">www.convergence-continuum.o=
rg</A>=20