[NEohioPAL]A request to those who post auditions.....

Jean Zarzour lipschtick at lipschtick.com
Tue Dec 30 11:48:17 PST 2003

--------------070907050200040706030906

To anyone sending out audition notices - First I want to say how great
it is to see audition notices at all, regardless of whether or not I am
the right actress for the job!  I am writing to request that you provide
a minimum break down of the roles that you are auditioning for when you
send out audition notices.  The postings below are a good example of
what I'm talking about.

We can see that there is an audition taking place and a number to call
for more info, but I know that I would not want to invest blocking off
the audition date, and then spend a day and a half or 2 days of phone
tag only to  find out that I'm totally wrong for the part.  At least
that's been my experience after 20 years.

If we can at least know the age range and type ie: "45 year old mother
of teens"  it would help.  Even if the description is "all ages and
races are welcome to audition" it would provide more worthwhile info
than none at all.  This should also benefit you to  "weed out" any
inappropriate candidates.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your consideration -
Jean Zarzour
Executive Producer LIPSCHTICK
Putting the SHOW in BUSINESS since 1989!
2300 McKinley Ave.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
Toll Free - 866-SCHTICK
Local - 216-521-3831
Click here for video demo and more!
<http://www.esquirerecords.com/mag/1/content/DL_zarzour.htm>

http://www.lipschtick.com   Comedy from a tube!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prelude2Cinema has some actresses it is considering for a role in "The
M.A.N." a.k.a. "The Magnificent Arrogant Nigger or I Never Learned to
Dance Like Fred Astaire." The role will be cast by Jan 6th or sooner.
Interested actresses can send in a headshot and resume to
theman at prelude2cinema.com <mailto:theman at prelude2cinema.com>
Info on the role and the pay is at
http://www.prelude2cinema.com\MAN-audition.htm
<http://www.prelude2cinema.com%5CMAN-audition.htm> or go to the Word
document on-line at
http://www.prelude2cinema.com\TheMAN\MAN-audition-NONI.doc
<http://www.prelude2cinema.com%5CTheMAN%5CMAN-audition-NONI.doc>

We realize the holidays is upon us, but since the performance it at the
end of January, we had to do the casting now. We thanks those who made
it out to the audition and we are still considering you.

Sincerely,
Alex Michaels

--

--------------070907050200040706030906

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>

- First I want to say how great it is to see audition notices at all, regardless
of whether or not I am the right actress for the job!  I am writing to request
that you provide a minimum break down of the roles that you are auditioning
for when you send out audition notices.  The postings below are a good example
of what I'm talking about. <br>
We can see that there is an audition taking place and a number to call for
more info, but I know that I would not want to invest blocking off the audition
date, and then spend a day and a half or 2 days of phone tag only to  find
out that I'm totally wrong for the part.  At least that's been my experience
after 20 years.   <br>
If we can at least know the age range and type ie: "45 year old mother of
teens"  it would help.  Even if the description is "all ages and races are
welcome to audition" it would provide more worthwhile info than none at all.
 This should also benefit you to  "weed out" any inappropriate candidates.
Just a thought.  <br>
Thanks for your consideration - </big><br>
 href="http://www.esquirerecords.com/mag/1/content/DL_zarzour.htm">Click
 </dt>
 color="#ff0526"><font size="+2"><small><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.lipschtick.com  ">http://www.lipschtick.com  </a> Comedy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
 for a role in "The M.A.N." a.k.a. "The Magnificent Arrogant Nigger or I
Never  Learned to Dance Like Fred Astaire." The role will be cast by Jan
6th or sooner.  Interested actresses can send in a headshot and resume to
Info  on the role and the pay is at <br>
or go to the Word document on-line at<br>

since the  performance it at the end of January, we had to do the casting
now. We thanks  those who made it out to the audition and we are still considering
 you.</font></div>

Alex Michaels</font></div>
Newfangled Productions wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Newfangled Productions announces open auditions for actors for Purim Carnavale.

>From the 15th century on, the Jewish community of Mantua produced Italian commedias for Carnival celebrations at the ducal court. Playwright and academician Leone de Sommi (1525 - 1590) wrote and produced many such plays, including the innovative Hebrew-language A Comedy of Betrothal, a scripted comedy in five acts.

Newfangled Productions joins Ensemble Ciaramella (a group modeled on the theatrical musical ensembles of the early 17th century) to present a theatrical production based on this important and entertaining work. With dialogue in English and songs in Hebrew, the production draws on commedia dell 'arte gesture and historical dance.

This production has been adapted by Anna Levenstein and Omri Lavin.
Directed by Megan Elk.

The performance will be on March 7th 2004 at 2:30pm at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

Early rehearsals will be based in Akron.

Auditions are by appointment only and will take place at the Harkness Chapel on the Case Western Reserve Campus on Sunday, January 4th 2004 from 2-6 pm.

Special arrangements may be made to hold Akron-based auditions on Saturday, January 3rd if need be. Please contact us for more information.

All positions are paid.

Please contact Newfangled Productions at 330-940-2521 to schedule an appointment or for more information.

Presented in conjunction with the Baker-Nord Center for the Humanities and the Samuel Rosenthal Center for Judaic Studies at Case Western Reserve University.
  </pre>
<title>Lips Signature</title>
<dt><br>
 </dt>
</dt>
<small>                                  <br>
 </small>  <br>