[NEohioPAL]Newfangled Productions announces open auditions for Purim Carnivale - PAID

Newfangled Productions newfangled at email.com
Tue Dec 30 09:19:08 PST 2003

Newfangled Productions announces open auditions for actors for Purim Carnavale.

>From the 15th century on, the Jewish community of Mantua produced Italian commedias for Carnival celebrations at the ducal court. Playwright and academician Leone de Sommi (1525 - 1590) wrote and produced many such plays, including the innovative Hebrew-language A Comedy of Betrothal, a scripted comedy in five acts.

Newfangled Productions joins Ensemble Ciaramella (a group modeled on the theatrical musical ensembles of the early 17th century) to present a theatrical production based on this important and entertaining work. With dialogue in English and songs in Hebrew, the production draws on commedia dell 'arte gesture and historical dance.

This production has been adapted by Anna Levenstein and Omri Lavin.
Directed by Megan Elk.

The performance will be on March 7th 2004 at 2:30pm at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

Early rehearsals will be based in Akron.

Auditions are by appointment only and will take place at the Harkness Chapel on the Case Western Reserve Campus on Sunday, January 4th 2004 from 2-6 pm.

Special arrangements may be made to hold Akron-based auditions on Saturday, January 3rd if need be. Please contact us for more information.

All positions are paid.

Please contact Newfangled Productions at 330-940-2521 to schedule an appointment or for more information.

Presented in conjunction with the Baker-Nord Center for the Humanities and the Samuel Rosenthal Center for Judaic Studies at Case Western Reserve University.
--
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm