[NEohioPAL]WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio Begins "Tricks of the Trade" Series, Jan. 24th

Wakeup4664 at aol.com Wakeup4664 at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 19:28:57 PST 2004

--part1_a0.2b3de9c.2d2e2879_boundary

WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio

presents

"Tricks of the Trade:  Actor's Career, Craft & Professional Development, A=20
Non-Traditional Approach to Pursuing Your Passion"=A9 at Tri-C Eastern, 4250=
=20
Richmond Rd.  Call for room locations. Saturdays, beginning January 24th - M=
arch=20
6th,  2004,=20
10:30 AM - 12:00 noon.

To register for ongoing classes for Actors, Playwrights and Directors, call=20
(216)561-8608, or email wakeup4664 at aol.com. =20

The Series:=20

.  Sat. 1/24:  'Preparin': Tuning into the Artistic Power Within for Creativ=
e=20
Change.
   A spiritual approach to develop & hone your craft. Meditation,=20
Visualization, Breathing &=20
   other Relaxation Techniques for performing artists to help reduce auditio=
n=20
& performance=20
   anxiety.     [NOTE:  Registration for this session only, $15.00]

.   Sat.  1/31:    Strugglin': Auditions & Jobs . . . . . for Theatre,=20
On-camera &=20
                        Voiceover
Learn the Do's & Don'ts of audition techniques.  You will learn how audition=
s=20
work, how to prepare for them, and where to find them.  Be prepared for the=20
different scenarios: Monologues vs. Reading from the Script.  After the=20
audition, and you get the job, you'll learn the Do's & Don'ts of what to do=20=
next.

.   Sat. 2/1:    'Strivin,' part 1:  Voiceover Skills & Techniques=20
(commercial &=20
                                                 industrial for radio & TV)
Great voiceover talent uses multiple basic 'actors' tools' to get & keep the=
=20
listener's attention, sell the product, and solve the problem.  Commercial,=20
Industrial, PSA's, Story Telling & Narration copy all require unique voiceov=
er=20
abilities.  Find out why voiceover work isn't easy as it looks.

.   Sat. 2/14:     Strivin', part II:   On-Camera Skills & Techniques=20
(commercial,   =20
                            industrial & film)
There's a difference between acting techniques on stage and on-camera.  Usin=
g=20
your basic 'actors' tools,' learn what makes acting for TV & film different=20
from acting for the stage.  This session will show you how to adapt your sta=
ge=20
skills to be successful for on-camera auditions and jobs.

.  Sat. 2/21:   'Strivin', part III:  Diction, Dialogue & Speaking Technique=
s=20
for=20
                     On-stage, On-camera & Voiceover   =20
Do you 'Swallow' your words?  Have you been called a 'Mush Mouth?'  Have you=
=20
been asked to 'Slow down?'  Professionals pay attention to the details -=20
pacing, "t's, d's, & ings," etc.  Learn to play with language and your voice=
:=20
enunciation, articulation, intonation, inflection, and more, to give your=20
characters more flavor. Great session for singers & comedians, too.

.  Sat. 2/28 & Sat. 3/6: 'Survivin,' parts I & II.   Marketing:  'Tools of=20
the Trade,'=20
                                        Business Basics & Getting Work"
 (NOTE:  Registration for both sessions is preferred, but not mandatory.)

Every actor must have the right tools of the trade - Photos, Resumes, Demo=20
Tapes, etc.  But you need to learn how to spend your money wisely, by knowin=
g -=20
when, where, why and how - to get the tools of the trade you will need.

Breaking into the business: There's more to being an actor than acting.  You=
=20
will have to know about the following to increase  your chances of being=20
successful  --  Freelancing, Agencies, Contracts, "Scams," Casting Directors=
,=20
Producers & Directors, Unions, and Being an Independent Contractor, Record k=
eeping:=20
Income & Expenses.

Learn the  - Who - What - When - Where - Why - & - How - to make that Leap=20
from Cleveland to NYC, Chicago, LA & other major talent markets. Everything=20=
from=20
 - Audition - to - Acting Classes - to - Apartments, Resources, Networking &=
=20
other "Survival skills." All about "Showcases" and developing your own "One=20
Man/Woman Show" to get noticed & to get work.

.Sat.  3/13:   'Aspirin,' Arrivin'. . . (& Stayin' There): Career Options &=20
Transitions
Learn how to create, build & keep your career alive. Use your versatility to=
=20
help pay the bills when your career seems stalled or isn't going the way you=
'd=20
like.   Discover the power of creating your individual "'Signature Style'=20
Career Game Plans."
=20

[Note:  Can't attend Saturday classes?  Private Coaching is available at the=
=20
same price for this series.]
  =20

Fee:  $25.00 per session.          $20.00 per session for 3 or more sessions=
.=20
        =20
 Major Credit cards accepted.
Paid Registration must be received 3 days in advance of each session.
Call (216) 561-8608 to register & for complete details. =20

--part1_a0.2b3de9c.2d2e2879_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  SIZE=3D2 P=
TSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>WAKE UP And LIV=
E's <I>Actors' Studio<BR>
</B></I><BR>
presents<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><BR>
<B>"Tricks of the Trade:  Actor's Career, Craft & Professional Deve=
lopment, A Non-Traditional Approach to Pursuing Your Passion"=A9 </B>at Tri-=
C Eastern, 4250 Richmond Rd.  Call for room locations. Saturdays, begin=
ning January 24th - March 6th,  2004, <BR>
10:30 AM - 12:00 noon.<B><BR>
<BR>
</B><BR>
To register for ongoing classes for Actors, Playwrights and Directors, call=20=
(216)561-8608, or email wakeup4664 at aol.com.  <BR>
<BR>
<B>The Series: <BR>
</B><BR>
<B>.  Sat. 1/24:  <I>'Preparin':</I> Tuning into the Artistic Powe=
r Within for Creative Change.</B><BR>
   A spiritual approach to develop & hone your craft. Meditati=
on, Visualization, Breathing & <BR>
   other Relaxation Techniques for performing artists to help redu=
ce audition & performance <BR>
   anxiety.     <B>[NOTE:  </B>Registrati=
on for this session only, $15.00<B>]</B><BR>
<BR>
<B>.   Sat.  1/31:    <I>Strugglin':</I> Audit=
ions & Jobs . . . . . </B><I>for Theatre, On-camera & <BR>
            &nbs=
p;           Voiceover</I>=
<BR>
Learn the Do's & Don'ts of audition techniques.  You will learn how=
 auditions work, how to prepare for them, and where to find them.  Be p=
repared for the different scenarios: Monologues vs. Reading from the Script.=
  After the audition, and you get the job, you'll learn the Do's &=20=
Don'ts of what to do next.<BR>
<BR>
<B>.   Sat. 2/1:    <I>'Strivin,'</I> part 1: =
 Voiceover Skills & Techniques </B><I>(commercial & <BR>
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
           industrial for=20=
radio & TV)</I><BR>
Great voiceover talent uses multiple basic 'actors' tools' to get & keep=
 the listener's attention, sell the product, and solve the problem.  Co=
mmercial, Industrial, PSA's, Story Telling & Narration copy all require=20=
unique voiceover abilities.  Find out why voiceover work isn't easy as=20=
it looks.<BR>
<BR>
<B>.   Sat. 2/14:     <I>Strivin',</I> part II=
:   On-Camera Skills & Techniques </B><I>(commercial, &nb=
sp;  <BR>
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;  industrial & film)</I><BR>
There's a difference between acting techniques on stage and on-camera. =
 Using your basic 'actors' tools,' learn what makes acting for TV & film=
 different from acting for the stage.  This session will show you how t=
o adapt your stage skills to be successful for on-camera auditions and jobs.=
<BR>
<BR>
<B>.  Sat. 2/21:   '<I>Strivin'</I>, part III:  Diction,=
 Dialogue & Speaking Techniques for <BR>
            &nbs=
p;        On-stage, On-camera & Voice=
over    </B><BR>
Do you 'Swallow' your words?  Have you been called a 'Mush Mouth?'&nbsp=
; Have you been asked to 'Slow down?'  Professionals pay attention to t=
he details - pacing, "t's, d's, & ings," etc.  Learn to play with l=
anguage and your voice: enunciation, articulation, intonation, inflection, a=
nd more, to give your characters more flavor. Great session for singers &amp=
; comedians, too.<BR>
<BR>
<B>.  Sat. 2/28 & Sat. 3/6: <I>'Survivin,'</I> parts I & II.&nb=
sp;  Marketing:  'Tools of the Trade,' <BR>
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
  Business Basics & Getting Work"</B><BR>
 (NOTE:  Registration for both sessions is preferred, but not mandatory=
.)<BR>
<BR>
Every actor must have the right tools of the trade - Photos, Resumes, Demo T=
apes, etc.  But you need to learn how to spend your money wisely, by kn=
owing - when, where, why and how - to get the tools of the trade you will ne=
ed.<BR>
<BR>
Breaking into the business: There's more to being an actor than acting.&nbsp=
; You will have to know about the following to increase  your chances o=
f being successful  --  Freelancing, Agencies, Contracts, "Scams,"=
 Casting Directors, Producers & Directors, Unions, and Being an Independ=
ent Contractor, Record keeping: Income & Expenses.<BR>
<BR>
Learn the  - Who - What - When - Where - Why - & - How - to make th=
at Leap from Cleveland to NYC, Chicago, LA & other major talent markets.=
 Everything from  - Audition - to - Acting Classes - to - Apartments, R=
esources, Networking & other "Survival skills." All about "Showcases" an=
d developing your own "One Man/Woman Show" to get noticed & to get work.=
<BR>
<BR>
<B>.Sat.  3/13:   <I>'Aspirin,' Arrivin'. . . (& Stayin'=20=
There):</I> Career Options & Transitions</B><BR>
Learn how to create, build & keep your career alive. Use your versatilit=
y to help pay the bills when your career seems stalled or isn't going the wa=
y you'd like.   Discover the power of creating your individual <I>=
"'Signature Style' Career Game Plans."</I><BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
<B>[Note:  Can't attend Saturday classes?  Private Coaching is ava=
ilable at the same price for this series.]</B><BR>
   <BR>
<BR>
Fee:  $25.00 per session.       &nbs=
p;  $20.00 per session for 3 or more sessions.    &=
nbsp;     <BR>
 Major Credit cards accepted.<BR>
Paid Registration must be received 3 days in advance of each session.<BR>
Call (216) 561-8608 to register & for complete details.  <BR>
</P></P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_a0.2b3de9c.2d2e2879_boundary--