[NEohioPAL]Last Chance to Bring 'Glengarry Glen Ross' to your office!

Mindy Childress mindy at charenton.org
Fri Jan 16 10:57:20 PST 2004

Dear Friend,

My name is James Mango and I am Artistic Director of a small professional
theater company here in Cleveland called Charenton.  We are currently
putting together our calendar for an upcoming touring production of David
Mamet's Glengarry Glen Ross.

The idea behind this project was to take the show, free of charge, to as
many local businesses as possible strengthening our audience base and ties
to the community.  Glengarry is a scathing satire of American business
morality and is commonly used by graduate business programs as a case
study in ethical practice.  It is the perfect play to bring into the
workplace, and we would like to bring this show to you - free of charge to
both employer and audience.

Please note the following request letter seeking the use of space which
has a general outline of the
project.

The production is scheduled to open February 12 and run through March 7.
We would ideally like to have performances at 8 p.m. Thur, Fri and Sat
with a 2 p.m. matinee on Sundays.  You may commit to as many
or as few performance dates as available.  All performances would be free
to the public and we would not require any funds for providing this
service as this project will be sponsored by The Cleveland Foundation as
well as other corporate sources.

The production itself is very minimal and would require minimal spacial
requirements.  We are not looking for a theater.  Any room of 1500 square
feet or greater with a basic electrical outlet and ability to block
outside light is all that is required. We would ask that you provide
folding chairs for the performance - the number being determined by the
size of space and anticipated audience size.

We are working with several local universities in tying in a
lecture/workshop regarding ethical business practice as this play is used
in many graduate programs as a case study regarding ethics and sales.  We
would be interested in working with you to provide any of these materials
and possibly shedule the workshop as well.

I thank you for your interest, and hope that we can work together to bring
this show to you.

Sincerely,

James Mango
Artistic Director

p.s. for more information please visit our website at www.charenton.org or
call me at 216.781.9987

The Office Tour Wants to Come to You
Help us bring theater to your workplace

Charenton Theater Company is currently looking for locations for our
touring production of David Mamet’s scathing satire of American business
morality:  Glengarry Glen Ross.

If your workplace has a lunchroom, large conference room, or ideally a
small theater or stage we would like to bring our play to you – free of
charge to your employer.  The performance will also be free to all who
attend.

The performances will run mid-February through early March and we will
build our calendar according to availability.  We will need to have
commitment of specific dates by the holidays and will be happy to work
with companies of all sizes and types.

The play revolves around the world of real-estate sales, but the scenario
could be applied to almost any modern work environment.  The play does
contain extremely strong language and is of an adult nature.  For any
explanation of content I would ask that you watch the film version
starring Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, and Kevin Spacey.  If you are not
familiar with the play we ask that you please read it or watch the film
version before committing your workplace to this show.

This project has awesome potential for bringing a high level, professional
theatrical production out into the public in an accessible and poignant
fashion.  We would like performances to be free and open to the public as
well as your co-workers and will work with your employer to facilitate any
needs.  We hope to expose a new potential audience to the power of live
theater – be it your co-workers or just interested Clevelanders.

If you would like more information or simply would like to be added to our
tour list please contact us at 216.781.9987 or info at charenton.org.

We hope to work with you to bring great theater into our community.

Mindy Childress
Producing Director
Charenton Theater Company
PO Box 6823