[NEohioPAL]NaCl Winter News

NaCl nacl at nacl.org
Sun Jan 18 10:46:51 PST 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3157278412_494451_MIME_Part

NaCl Winter News (Jan/Feb) 2004
-10 BRECHT POEMS at The Austin Arts Center and BRIC.
-Accepting applications for THE CATSKILL PERFORMER TRAINING RETREAT.

The Catskill Performer Training Retreat
July 11-18, 2004, Highland Lake, NY

Now accepting letters of application for the 2004 retreat at NaCl Catskills.

The retreat takes place at NaCl Catskills, a beautiful lake-country work
centre located in Highland Lake, NY, two hours north west of New York City.
Participants live at NaCl's artists' residence and work 6 hours per day in
the church-turned-theatre with Brad Krumholz, Tannis Kowalchuk and Ker Wells
(Number Eleven Theatre/ National Theatre School of Canada).  NaCl's
training, which is named "Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral Work,"  will be
explored as well as other exercises designed to expand physical presence,
vocal technique, and creative impulse, craft, and performance creation.
This retreat is designed for actors, creator-performers, and directors who
are interested in ensemble theatre, solo work, devised performance, physical
theatre adaptations, and original theatre creation.

"Doing the morning physical work was like experiencing acting on an
anthropological level.  I realised that my body is an intelligent life
form--my limbs have intelligence.  I learned that my voice is a living
organism--it has a physical life. The empowerment to create my own work was
amazing!  I want to bring the two worlds (conventional theatre and original
created theatre) together in my own work--performing a role in a play, but
striving for true artistry and a physical truth in the making of it."-- Amy
Lammert, actress, AEA

Tuition is $550 for all meals, accommodations, and workshops.  If you wish
to apply, please send a detailed letter about yourself that includes your
experience, age, and why you are interested in this retreat.  We will reply
to everyone who applies.   Upon acceptance, a $150 down payment will be
needed.  For more information please feel free to e-mail or call
718-398-4589 (Brooklyn) or (845) 557-0694 (Catskills).  Please send
application letter to:
NaCl
P.O. Box 2201 Times Square Station
New York, NY   10108

www.nacl.org for more info and pictures

10 BRECHT POEMS-- a Brechtian Vaudeville
What the heck is a Brechtian Vaudeville?  Take a saucy dance, a shadow
puppet show, a funny physical avant-garde moment; add a strikingly relevant
poem by Bertolt Brecht about oppression, war, and a corrupt political
leadership circa 1930's and 1940's; mix in some beautiful a cappella songs,
and you have 10 BRECHT POEMS.  And, for those who have seen it all before--
we have a NEW poem to show you!  Created and performed by Tannis Kowalchuk
of NaCl and Leese Walker of Strike Anywhere Performance Ensemble.

BRIC Studio--return engagement!
Saturday, February 7 @ 8 PM  Tickets are $10/$8 students
57 Rockwell Place, Brooklyn, New York (very near to BAM Harvey)
Box Office Number--718-855-7882  x53
We are very happy to be invited back to BRIC where we premiered the first
version of the performance in January, 2002.

The Austin Arts Center, Goodwin Theatre
Trinity College
Wednesday, February 11 @ 8 PM  Tickets are $15
300 Summit Street,  Hartford, CT
Box Office Number-- 860-297-2199

www.nacl.org

--MS_Mac_OE_3157278412_494451_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>NaCl Winter News</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#800080"><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><B>NaCl Winter News (Jan/Feb) 2004<BR>
-</B></FONT></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><I>10 BRECHT POEMS</I> at The Austin A=
rts Center and BRIC.<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080"><FONT SIZE=3D"6">-</FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">A=
ccepting applications for THE CATSKILL PERFORMER TRAINING RETREAT.<BR>
</FONT></B><H3>____________________________________________________________=
________<BR>
<BR>
</H3><H1>The Catskill Performer Training Retreat<BR>
</H1><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><B>July 11-18, 2004,</B> Highland Lake, NY<BR>
</FONT><H1><BR>
</H1><B>Now accepting letters of application for the 2004 retreat at NaCl C=
at<FONT SIZE=3D"4">skills.<BR>
</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D"4">  <BR>
The retreat takes place at NaCl Catskills, a beautiful lake-country work ce=
ntre located in Highland Lake, NY, two hours north west of New York City. &n=
bsp;Participants live at NaCl's artists' residence and work 6 hours per day =
in the church-turned-theatre with Brad Krumholz, Tannis Kowalchuk and Ker We=
lls (Number Eleven Theatre/ National Theatre School of Canada).  NaCl's=
 training, which is named "<I>Animal, Vegetable, </I>and<I> Mineral Wor=
k,"</I>  will be explored as well as other exercises designed to e=
xpand physical presence, vocal technique, and creative impulse, craft, and p=
erformance creation.  This retreat is designed for actors, creator-perf=
ormers, and directors who are interested in ensemble theatre, solo work, dev=
ised performance, physical theatre adaptations, and original theatre creatio=
n. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT>"Doing the morning physical work was like experiencing acting o=
n an anthropological level.  I realised that my body <I>is </I>an intel=
ligent life form--my limbs have intelligence.  I learned that my voice =
is a living organism--it has a physical life. The empowerment to create my o=
wn work was amazing!  I want to bring the two worlds (conventional thea=
tre and original created theatre) together in my own work--performing a role=
 in a play, but striving for true artistry and a physical truth in the makin=
g of it."-- Amy Lammert, actress, AEA<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><BR>
Tuition is $550 for all meals, accommodations, and workshops.  If you =
wish to apply, please send a detailed letter about yourself that includes yo=
ur experience, age, and why you are interested in this retreat.  We wil=
l reply to everyone who applies.   Upon acceptance, a $150 down pa=
yment will be needed.  For more information please feel free to e-mail =
or call 718-398-4589 (Brooklyn) or (845) 557-0694 (Catskills).  Please =
send application letter to:<BR>
</FONT><H3>NaCl<BR>
P.O. Box 2201 Times Square Station<BR>
New York, NY   10108 <BR>
<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>www.nacl.org </B>for more info and pictures<BR>
</FONT><H3><BR>
<BR>
</H3><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080"><H1><I>10 BRECHT POEMS-- a Brechtian Vaudeville<=

</I></H1></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">What the heck is a Brechtian Vaudeville? &nb=
sp;Take a saucy dance, a shadow puppet show, a funny physical avant-garde mo=
ment; add a strikingly relevant poem by Bertolt Brecht about oppression, war=
, and a corrupt political leadership circa 1930's and 1940's; mix in some be=
autiful a cappella songs, and you have <I>10 BRECHT POEMS.  </I>And, fo=
r those who have seen it all before-- we have a NEW poem to show you!  =
Created and performed by Tannis Kowalchuk of NaCl and Leese Walker of Strike=
 Anywhere Performance Ensemble.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H3>BRIC Studio--return engagement!<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Saturday, February 7 @ 8 PM  Tickets are $10/$8 st=
udents<BR>
57 Rockwell Place, <U>Brooklyn</U>, New York (very near to BAM Harvey)<BR>
Box Office Number--718-855-7882  x53<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2">We are very happy to be invited back to BRIC where we=
 premiered the first version of the performance in January, 2002.<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><BR>
</FONT><H3>The Austin Arts Center, Goodwin Theatre<BR>
Trinity College<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Wednesday, February 11 @ 8 PM  Tickets are $15<BR>
300 Summit Street,  Hartford, CT <BR>
Box Office Number-- 860-297-2199<BR>
</FONT><H3> <BR>
</H3><FONT COLOR=3D"#800080"><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><B>www.nacl.org</B></FONT></FONT>=
<FONT SIZE=3D"6"><B>        <BR>
</B></FONT><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3157278412_494451_MIME_Part--