[NEohioPAL]Song of Survival Audition Reminder

Rebecca Summers rsummers at kent.edu
Mon Feb 2 07:15:55 PST 2004

--B_3158561755_340308

SCT's spring production will be the powerful drama with choral music, Song
of Survival, featuring an all-female cast!

Info below includes:

~ Information about the play
~ Audition Dates
~ Production Dates

~Information about the play

Song of Survival is the autobiographical work of Helen Colijn,
who survived three-and-a-half years of internment in Japanese
prisoner-of-war camps.  Helen's account of her wartime experiences is a
window into a largely overlooked dimension of World War II - the
imprisonment of women and children in Southeast Asia by the Japanese and
How these prisoners of war responded to their dire circumstances.  The
conditions were harsh, terrible.  Food was scarce, medicine unavailable.
More than one third of the women died of disease or starvation.  Yet their
courage, faith, resiliency, ingenuity, and camaraderie provide enduring
lessons on living.  Though the prisoners had no musical instruments, they
had their voices, and from memory scored classical works for symphony and
piano.  The music helped sustain them while in captivity and is a lasting
gift to a world that has witnessed too much war.

The show will be directed by Tracy Piatt with Russ Kulow as the assistant
director.
Musical direction by Sally Morris and Shelly Palumbo.
Rebecca Summers and Thomas Wilschutz will be produce the show.

14 speaking roles available for women of all ages.  Two roles for girls age=
7 =AD 11 and 12-17.  Previous acting experience needed for the girls.  Some
roles do not require singing.  One part requires an Asian actress.

=20
~ Audition Dates for Song of Survival

Tuesday, February 3 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Thursday, February 5 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
or, only in the rarest of circumstances, by appointment (330.962.4234)
Callbacks will be held Saturday, February 7.

The Streetsboro Community Theatre is located in the Streetsboro Municipal
Building, 9184 St. Rt. 43.

~ Production Dates

April 16,17,23,24, 30 and May 1

For more information please call 330.962. 4234 or visit www.sct-online.com

--B_3158561755_340308

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Song of Survival Audition Reminder</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
SCT's spring production will be the powerful drama with choral music, <B><I=
>Song of Survival</I></B>, featuring an all-female cast!<BR>
<BR>
Info below includes:<BR>
<BR>
~ Information about the play<BR>
~ Audition Dates<BR>
~ Production Dates<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
~Information about the play<BR>
<BR>
<I>Song of Survival</I> is the autobiographical work of Helen Colijn,<BR>
who survived three-and-a-half years of internment in Japanese<BR>
prisoner-of-war camps.  Helen's account of her wartime experiences is =
a<BR>
window into a largely overlooked dimension of World War II - the<BR>
imprisonment of women and children in Southeast Asia by the Japanese and<BR=

How these prisoners of war responded to their dire circumstances.  The=
<BR>
conditions were harsh, terrible.  Food was scarce, medicine unavailabl=
e.<BR>
More than one third of the women died of disease or starvation.  Yet t=
heir<BR>
courage, faith, resiliency, ingenuity, and camaraderie provide enduring<BR>
lessons on living.  Though the prisoners had no musical instruments, t=
hey<BR>
had their voices, and from memory scored classical works for symphony and<B=

piano.  The music helped sustain them while in captivity and is a last=
ing<BR>
gift to a world that has witnessed too much war.  <BR>
<BR>
The show will be directed by Tracy Piatt with Russ Kulow as the assistant d=
irector.<BR>
Musical direction by Sally Morris and Shelly Palumbo.<BR>
Rebecca Summers and Thomas Wilschutz will be produce the show.<BR>
<BR>
14 speaking roles available for women of all ages.  Two roles for girl=
s ages 7 – 11 and 12-17.  Previous acting experience needed for t=
he girls.  Some roles do not require singing.  One part requires a=
n Asian actress.<BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
~ Audition Dates for Song of Survival<BR>
<BR>
Tuesday, February 3 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM <BR>
Thursday, February 5 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM<BR>
or, only in the rarest of circumstances, by appointment (330.962.4234)<BR>
Callbacks will be held Saturday, February 7.<BR>
<BR>
The Streetsboro Community Theatre is located in the Streetsboro Municipal B=
uilding, 9184 St. Rt. 43.<BR>
<BR>
~ Production Dates<BR>
<BR>