[NEohioPAL]Artist looking to assemble writing and production team for amazing movie project

Bryan Guffey musicjunkieg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 08:10:10 PST 2004

My name is Bryan Guffey, and I am looking to assemble
a creative team that includes screenwriters and a
production /direction team in order to help turn a
book into a movie.

This info is directly from Amazon.com:

" Synopsis
Mikk of Vyzania, the galaxy's finest performance
master, defies the government's ban on the performance
of the Somalite songdance, risking his life to
overthrow the stranglehold of censorship.

Ingram
Mikk of Vyzania, the galaxy's greatest performance
master, commanded stages on all the myriad worlds with
his sublime and ethereal performances. But when the
Somalite songdance--the extraordinary dance form Mikk
treasured to the point of obsession--was banned, he
was devastated, until his sense of justice forced him
to defy the law. His trial will be the most
sensational in the galaxy's history. And the sentence
he faces is death--unless he can summon all his gifts
to overthrow the stranglehold of censorship.

>From the Publisher
When Katie Waitman's agent sent me this manuscript, he
told me that I had to make this book the Del Rey
Discovery of the Year. He also told me that the book
included a same sex love affair with a snake. Needless
to say, I was a bit taken aback. But I read the
manuscript, and I was taken with two things: 1) that
snake affair wasn't exactly the way the agent
described it!!! And 2) this was one of the absolute
best-written first novels I had read in many, many
years. I had to buy it. I still love it. I even like
the snake!
                        --Shelly Shapiro, Executive
Editor

Inside Flap Copy
In the far reaches of our galaxy, the artist will face
the ultimate censorship.

Mikk of Vyzania, the galaxy's greatest performance
master, commanded stages on all the myriad worlds. His
sublime, ethereal performances were unforgettable,
drawing on the most treasured traditions of every
culture, every people, throughout inhabited space. His
crowning achievement, and his obsession: the Somalite
song dance, an art form that transcends both song and
movement to become something greater and more
spectacular . . . almost divine.

When tragic events caused performance of the song
dance to be proscribed, Mikk was devastated . . .
until his strong sense of justice forced him to defy
the ban. His trial will be the most sensational in the
recent history of the galaxy; the sentence he faces is
death.

Now the greatest performance master must hope to
become the greatest escape artist. Somehow Mikk must
break the stranglehold of censorship and change the
law . . . or die trying! "

I have been in touch with the writer and her agent,
and I have her full support in this process.

This book also has several controversial themes in it,
including: homosexuality and interracial love.

This is a phenomenal book and has the potential to be
an amazing movie. Please respond with credentials and
why you would be interested to MusicJunkieG at yahoo.com

Thank You!!

Bryan Guffey
Actor/Singer/visionary

=====
ITB,

Bryan Guffey
President, Alpha Psi Chapter alphapsi at dlp.org
Chairman, National Pledge Education Subcommittee
Member, National Patrons Committee patrons at dlp.org
Delta Lambda Phi National Social Fraternity

OUTside Program Coordinator, AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland OUTsideATFGC at yahoo.com