[NEohioPAL]More color headshot info and printing source

Ericmull at aol.com Ericmull at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 05:30:46 PST 2004

Fellow neohiopal members...

It is true that out west color headshots are taking over.  The main reason is
that for many years the cost would have been too great to reproduce color
headshots (quickly and inexpensively) in low quantity.  Harold is correct, now
that digital has taken over, it has become quite easy to reproduce in color.

However, for the over 20 legitimate model and talent agencies we shoot for in
Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania and DC and the agents still want Black
and White.  Whether it is the mystique of the black and white image or they
just prefer black and white, it differs among agency owners.  I have a couple
agencies that have realized the potential in printing the headshot in both Black
and White AND color.  The reason for that is that their clients dont just
want the tall thin model types as Harold was speaking of..they want normal
looking people. So the agency will keep a color shot of the actor on file to be able
to send quickly to a client upon request.  I cant tell you how many actors we
have shot that have crossed over to print work.  Which is why most of the
photographers around here also shoot headshots in color.

If you are planning to move to LA or your agent thinks you may be able to
cross over into some local print work, then getting a color headshot may be in
your best interest.  If you plan on staying local and just want to work the
theatre and stay out of the print market, then you are just fine with black and
white headshots. (For now.)

We work with a local printer that does EXTREMELY HIGH END WORK without the
hassle of sending your photos across country.  You can go through us or them and
get the exact same price.  You can call or email me for more information on
this company, we will be happy to pass is along to anyone who has a need for
reproductions. Here are their prices.

100 COLOR headshots printed in 2 days on HIGH quality photo paper for
.........$155.00
150 each of 2 separate (300 total) BLACK AND WHITE images
printed in 3 days for....................
(free retouching, free name and border and no setup fees)

All of our printing is local and can be picked up at our studio or shipped
within 2-3 days from the date of your order.

Eric Mull
www.ericmull.com
eric at ericmull.com
216-263-9494