[NEohioPAL]CleveShakes - sides update & appointments

Robert Hawkes RHawk at hawken.edu
Wed Apr 7 10:05:46 PDT 2004

A reminder that auditions for the Cleveland Shakespeare Festival's Romeo
& Juliet and The  Tempest are on Monday and Tuesday 4/12 & 13 from 6:30
to 9:30 at the Play House. We have requested that actors extend us the
courtesy of setting an appointment, which can be made by phone at 877
280 1646, or by email (quicker) at rhawk at hawken.edu or rhawk at apk.net. If
you plan on coming, please let us know and get a half-hour slot, to
minimize any down time.

Production dates etc. are in our March 30th posting.

2 head shots, 2 resumes
2 brief monologues (1 from one of the plays might be helpful) as a
backup to the following readings from the plays:

Romeo and Juliet  (lines as in Arden edition)

1. Tybalt-Capulet exchange, Act I, sc. v, ll. 54-91
(What, dares the slave...bitterest gall)
2. Romeo-Juliet, Act I, sc. v, ll. 92-109
(If I profane...by the book)
3. Benvolio-Mercutio, Act II, sc. i, ll. 3-end
(Romeo!...to be found)
4. The Prologue
5. Romeo, Servant, Benvolio, Act I, sc. ii, ll. 45-103
(Tut man...of mine own)
6. Act II, ii - From Juliet's "'Tis but thy name..." to Romeo's "I
should adventure for such merchandise"
7. Nurse-Juliet - II, v - whole scene
8. Friar L-Romeo - III, iii, from the beginning through the Friar's "to
damned hate upon thyself"
9. Friar- Juliet - IV, i, l. 44-end

The Tempest

Miranda-Prospero, I, ii, 1-65
Miranda-Ferdinand, II, i, 1-74
Ariel-Prospero I, ii, 189-252
Caliban-Prospero, I, ii, 319-374
Gonzalo, II, i, 150 ff , his "vision"
Trinculo-Stephano-Caliban II, ii, 1-119
Antonio-Sebastian, II, i, 227-299
Alonso-Prospero, V, i, 107-138
Francisco/Adrian, II, i, 115 - monologue
Caliban monologues III, ii, 90 ff & 139 ff
Masque: Ceres, Iris, Juno, IV, i, 60-138