[NEohioPAL]Song of Survival on stage at the Streetsboro Community Theatre

Rebecca Summers rsummers at kent.edu
Mon Apr 12 06:18:26 PDT 2004

--B_3164606306_143987

Every once in a while a production comes along that is truly special and
resonates on many different levels -- beyond the sheer entertainment
value. At the Streetsboro Community Theatre we think our spring
production, Song of Survival, is just such a production. First it is an
all female cast -- fairly unusual for an script. It is also
intergenerational...we have cast members as young as 8 and and as old as,
well...some cast members are well into their retirement years. Song of
Survival is a drama, but, a drama laced with wonderful a capella music. In
an era when so much live theatre is dominated by musicals and comedies, it
is often hard to find a community theatre willing to produce an unknown
drama.

If you enjoy quality entertainment and live theatre, love a good story and
wish to support the arts, we invite you to see the Streetsboro Community
Theatre's production of Song of Survival, a story of strength and courage,
of the unquenchable passion to survive despite the harshest conditions. It
is a story that reconfirms for all that good can survive despite evil and,
in the end, if we are strong enough, good can overcome.

The Streetsboro Community Theatre proudly offers the Ohio Community
Theatre preview of Helen Coljin's story, Song of Survival -- a true story
whose time and place are fixed in a World War II Japanese concentration
camp, but whose messages transcends time and place.

Show dates are April 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and May 1 at 8:00 p.m. at 9184 State
Route 43
 in Streetsboro.  For reservations, please call the box office at
330-626-9427.  Tickets are $10.00/adults,
$8.00/seniors and $7.00/students.

--B_3164606306_143987

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Song of Survival on stage at the Streetsboro Community Theatre</TITL=

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Every once in a while a production comes along that is=
 truly special and<BR>
resonates on many different levels -- beyond the sheer entertainment<BR>
value. At the Streetsboro Community Theatre we think our spring<BR>
production, <I>Song of Survival</I>, is just such a production. First it is=
 an<BR>
all female cast -- fairly unusual for an script. It is also<BR>
intergenerational...we have cast members as young as 8 and and as old as,<B=

well...some cast members are well into their retirement years. <I>Song of<B=

Survival</I> is a drama, but, a drama laced with wonderful a capella music.=
 In<BR>
an era when so much live theatre is dominated by musicals and comedies, it<=

is often hard to find a community theatre willing to produce an unknown dra=
ma.  <BR>
<BR>
If you enjoy quality entertainment and live theatre, love a good story and<=

wish to support the arts, we invite you to see the Streetsboro Community<BR=

Theatre's production of <I>Song of Survival</I>, a story of strength and co=
urage,<BR>
of the unquenchable passion to survive despite the harshest conditions. It<=

is a story that reconfirms for all that good can survive despite evil and,<=

in the end, if we are strong enough, good can overcome.<BR>
<BR>
The Streetsboro Community Theatre proudly offers the Ohio Community<BR>
Theatre preview of Helen Coljin's story, <I>Song of Survival</I> -- a true =
story<BR>
whose time and place are fixed in a World War II Japanese concentration<BR>
camp, but whose messages transcends time and place.<BR>
<BR>
Show dates are April 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and May 1 at 8:00 p.m. at 9184 Stat=
e Route 43<BR>
 in Streetsboro.  For reservations, please call the box office at=
 330-626-9427.  Tickets are $10.00/adults,<BR>
$8.00/seniors and $7.00/students. </FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3164606306_143987--