[NEohioPAL]Harvey Pekar review of Drumplay CD "Dayshine to Stars-end"

Oonawolf at aol.com Oonawolf at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 11:05:01 PDT 2004

 <A
HREF="http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1311">Click here: Local Discourse : Soul Students & Drumplay :: The
Cleveland Free Times :: Cleveland's Premier Alternative News Art</A>

Dear Folks,

If you click on the above link, you will read a review by Harvey Pekar of
Drumplay's new CD "Dayshine to Stars-end", featuring the poetry of Daniel
Thompson.  This was published last Wednesday, April 7, 2004; and you still may be
able to pick up a copy.

The CD contains the marimba work of master musician, Benoit Moerlen, from
Colmar, France.  Some of you may recognize Benoit's name from his work with Gong;
Pierre Moerlen's Gong (his brother); and the Mike Oldfield Band.  Ben is our
newest member.

Drumplay is celebrating 12+ years of existence, with this, our sixth CD.  The
disc completes the trilogy began with "beachland" and followed by "Under the
Map of the World Where I Sleep".  Please go to www.cdbaby.com/drumplay as well
as www.cdbaby.com/drumplay2 for more info on these releases.

Daniel will be celebrating his 69th birthday on April 21; and we are thinking
of holding a surprise party for him at Algebra Tea House in Little Italy.  If
anyone is interested, please email or call me with your RSVP - so I know how
big I should bake the cake.  More details to follow later this week.

Or you may join us to wish Daniel another year of good health (and writing
some more poems), Saturday night, April 17, 2004, for a free show at the
Lakewood Public Library, 15425 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio, from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.

In honor of National Poetry Month, this night is being called "Poetry in
Motion", part of a new bi-weekly series being held at the main branch of the
library.  Drumplay will be joined by Pandora's Hope, a new bellydance duo with whom
we have been working.   Call Lakewood Public Library at 216-226-8275 for more
information.

Finally, the band and poet requests your help in nominating Drumplay in the
Scene Music Awards, currently accepting nominating ballots.  Please go to
www.clevescene.com/musicawards/2004/nominate, where you can register and cast your
nominating ballot for Drumplay in the world music category.

Over the years, we have been regularly nominated in both alternative
newspapers; and we actually won Best World Music Act 2002 in the Cleveland Free Times
Music Awards.  Drumplay humbly asks that you cast a ballot for us.  It is all
a part of the process of taking steps upward and onward; and a win would help
us, enormously.  But to garner a nomination is a nice recognition of our work,
too.

Peace + Love,

James Onysko
james at drumplay.com