[NEohioPAL]IMPORTANT info about using your NEohioPAL service ...

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 05:31:52 PDT 2004

--part1_cd.a9539c7.2db7c3b8_boundary

To the NEohioPAL list:

Frequency of Posting

Send your posting out once about 2-4 weeks before the event, and again within
one week as a reminder.  Please send your posting only once a week at the
most.  The subscribers don't want to be deluged with repeat postings.   If you
are going to send out reviews or excerpts from reviews, wait until they are all
published and combine them in one posting.   Be extremely careful and
proofread your info so that you can avoid having to send out a "corrected" posting.

Attachments and Graphics in postings

Attachments and graphics are not permitted in NEohioPAL postings. I review
all postings and reject the postings with attachments and graphics. When I
reject them I always send instructions how to post and ask the poster to resubmit
with corrections. I have been able to screen out over 95% of the postings with
graphics. The reason some postings are approved with graphics is by accident.
The system only shows me a 'request for posting' in html form and only a
partial section of the body of the e-mail.  Sometimes I can't tell there is an
attachment or graphic. An unfortunate flaw in the system, but I'll continue to do
my best to make posters stick to the policies.

On being 'bounced' from the list

Every so often a slew of people get removed from the list by the software.
The 'Mailman' software will automatically remove you from the list if it
receives five 'bounced' e-mails.  This happens if you have a mailbox with a storage
quota that fills up.  Also, AOL members who use the DIGEST version get bounced
for no apparent reason at all.  Check the  NEohioPAL - Frequently Asked
Questions page for solutions to that.   So, make sure you check your mailbox on a
regular schedule to avoid being bounced.  If you find that you stop getting
your neohiopal mail -- you can easily re-subscribe by going to my website at
http://www.fredsternfeld.com

FAQ's -- learn how to ...

post a message to the list
subscribe
unsubscribe
go on "hiatus" while out of town
switch from "digest" to "one at a time" or vice versa
switch from "plain text" to "mime" delivery or vice versa
solve the "digest" delivery problems to some services
click here --   NEohioPAL - Frequently Asked Questions

Regards,
Fred

PS -- There are currently 2,991 subscribers

--part1_cd.a9539c7.2db7c3b8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>To the NEohioPAL list:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D4 PTSIZE=3D14 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><I>Frequency of Posting</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" sty=
le=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" F=
ACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></I><BR>
<BR>
Send your posting out once about 2-4 weeks before the event, and again withi=
n one week as a reminder.  Please send your posting only once a week at=
 the most.  The subscribers don't want to be deluged with repeat postin=
gs.   If you are going to send out reviews or excerpts from review=
s, wait until they are all published and combine them in one posting. &=
nbsp; Be extremely careful and proofread your info so that you can avoid hav=
ing to send out a "corrected" posting.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D4 PTSIZE=3D14 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><I>Attachments and Graphics in postings</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=
=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></I><BR>
<BR>
Attachments and graphics are not permitted in NEohioPAL postings. I review a=
ll postings and reject the postings with attachments and graphics. When I re=
ject them I always send instructions how to post and ask the poster to resub=
mit with corrections. I have been able to screen out over 95% of the posting=
s with graphics. The reason some postings are approved with graphics is by a=
ccident. The system only shows me a 'request for posting' in html form and o=
nly a partial section of the body of the e-mail.  Sometimes I can't tel=
l there is an attachment or graphic. An unfortunate flaw in the system, but=20=
I'll continue to do my best to make posters stick to the policies.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D4 PTSIZE=3D14 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><I>On being 'bounced' from the list</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"=
#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"=
SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></I><BR>
<BR>
Every so often a slew of people get removed from the list by the software.&n=
bsp; The 'Mailman' software will automatically remove you from the list if i=
t receives five 'bounced' e-mails.  This happens if you have a mailbox=20=
with a storage quota that fills up.  Also, AOL members who use the DIGE=
ST version get bounced for no apparent reason at all.  Check the =20=
<A HREF=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm">NEohioPAL - Frequently Ask=
ed Questions</A> page for solutions to that.   So, make sure you c=
be by going to my website at   <A HREF=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld=
.com">http://www.fredsternfeld.com</A> <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D4 PTSIZE=3D14 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><I>FAQ's -- learn how to ...<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
></I><BR>
post a message to the list<BR>
subscribe<BR>
unsubscribe<BR>
go on "hiatus" while out of town<BR>
switch from "digest" to "one at a time" or vice versa<BR>
switch from "plain text" to "mime" delivery or vice versa<BR>
solve the "digest" delivery problems to some services<BR>
click here --   <A HREF=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm">=
NEohioPAL - Frequently Asked Questions</A> <BR>
<BR>
Regards,<BR>
Fred<BR>
<BR>
PS -- There are currently 2,991 subscribers<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</B></FONT></HTML>
--part1_cd.a9539c7.2db7c3b8_boundary--