[NEohioPAL]FIRST-TIME FILMMAKERS SEEK ENERGETIC YOUNG CREW

Of Bitches & Hounds bitchhound at myway.com
Tue Apr 27 10:27:39 PDT 2004

--MYWAYBOUNDARY_000__28b48d2cd4b95b30d62857619ad49fe6

 Long Island writer Bob Freville (Slippery Id/Film Fiends columnist for getunderground.com) is in pre-production on his first digital short-to-feature film "Of Bitches & Hounds", a fetishistic love story with a tragic, darkly comic and emotionally-charged twist. Film Budget: $900 + Freville and actor/co-conspirator Jake McGee (of Kent, Ohio) are currently looking for young freelance videographers, precocious film students and aspiring filmmakers to fill out the crew (which, as of right now, is rather small).  WE NEED SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH LIGHTING! MUST OWN THEIR OWN LIGHTING KIT OR LIGHTING DIRECTOR EQUIPMENT!!! ALL ASPIRING DPs (Directors of Photography), CAMERAMEN OR VIDEOGRAPHERS SHOULD APPLY!!! NO NEED FOR CAREER EXPERIENCE, JUST THE BASIC SKILLS TO PULL OFF A SHORT FILM!!  If you have a demo, a resume or a reel, feel free to show it to us. But NO RESUMES OR DEMOS ARE NECESSARY!!! WE HAVE AS LITTLE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE AS YOU DO SO DON'T FRET!!! APPLICANT MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO KENT, OHIO, FOR THE SHOOT EACH DAY (FOR OUR SEVEN DAY SHOOTING SCHEDULE)!!!  WE'RE GOIN' GUERILLA ON THIS! THAT MEANS, IF YOU HAVE QUALMS ABOUT SHOOTING WITHOUT A PERMIT, THERE'S THE DOOR AND WE TRUST YOU'LL FIND YOUR OWN WAY OUT!!! Since our BUDGET is quite limited and post-production must be taken into consideration, we will be paying our would-be camera/lighting guy(s)/girl(s) very little. If we end up hiring someone with both their own camera(s) AND lighting package, that person will be paid $100-150 for the whole week. IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH, DOES IT? Truth be told, it is not. But he/she who takes this project on will be well-represented in the credits of the film and may use the film on their resumes (or as any sort of job reference they please). On the other hand, if the filmmakers end up taking on two crew members (a Cameraman and a Lighting Director respectively) each person will be paid $50-$75 (additional pay deferrment negotiable).BE A PART OF FILMMAKING HISTORY WITH WHAT GUARANTEES TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF VISUAL MEDIA!!! JOIN THE CREW BEHIND "OF BITCHES & HOUNDS". . . Between $50 and $100 plus name in credits and personalized copy of finished movie "Of Bitches & Hounds" Synopsis: Co-dependency, sadomasochism, infidelity and the trappings of a life of solitude all play thematic roles in the darkly comic allegorical drama 'Bitches & Hounds', a film that asks the question, "What makes a bitch of us?" And, "Are we all a bunch of hounds?" Juxtaposition of pop images, kaleidoscopic treatment of bathrooms and visceral sex sequences collide to paint a visually-striking and emotionally compelling psycho-drama about a conflicted woman and her...pet. The Pooch is a man in a cage when Patience walks into his life. And what seems at first to be bliss quickly segues into misery when the Bitch of His Dreams encounters her ex-boyfriend making out with another woman. In no time at all, The Pooch has become a punching bag and the constant subject of her sadism.  In the end, everyone is breaking down and The Pooch will have to prove his independence in order to overcome the vicious bark AND bite of his lady fair. Will he be able to walk on his own two feet...or will he forever crawl?  Additional Info:  "Of Bitches & Hounds" is currently in the process of gearing up for pre-production. Funds are now being stockpiled. The film will prove to be a challenge, both in the way it confronts the themes and issues it plays with and the way it treats the characters. The female lead, Patience (Melissa King), is a sadistic co-dependent schizo...but with proper character development, she comes out just as endearing as any other person with problems. In the end, we are all dogs and we all have our weaknesses and hang-ups. The exploration of the different dynamics that drive dysfunctional, unconventional and/or fetishistic relationships is the key ingredient in this cinematic confection. The Pooch's inability to leave after sustaining so much abuse and so many contusions is testament to the power of the heart over the mind. Delicately j
 uggling subjects such as crucifixion, submission, emasculation and suicide, the film takes the viewer to a metaphorical plain more akin to Freudian psychology than any obvious dog films (,i.e.: "Turner & Hooch", "K-9", "Bingo", etc.). At roughly thirty pages (with revisions), the project is both cost-efficient and compact, leaving room for the improvisation that we feel is a requisite for certain scenes.  Of Bitches & Hounds ©Bob Freville 2004 bitchhound at myway.com

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.