[NEohioPAL]Cesear's Forum's LINTEL Concludes at Kennedy's

Cesearsforum at aol.com Cesearsforum at aol.com
Wed May 5 00:30:47 PDT 2004

--part1_1e4.1f50724e.2dc9f227_boundary

As she watched UNDERNEATH THE LINTEL, Glen Berger's play about the stubborn
and sometimes desperate attempt of human beings to leave something of their
mark in the world, she couldn't help but think that she knew at least two people
who lost people in the World Trade Center catastrophe.  Memorial services had
been held, but there were no bodies to bury - only the memories of their loved
ones and whatever inconsequential stuff they'd left behind were proof that
the people had existed at all.  This is also true of the mystery library patron
who haunts the life of Berger's nameless Dutch librarian.
                                                By Arlene McKanic from her
Greenwich Village Gazette Review

UNDERNEATH THE LINTELis an absurd mystery story about understanding life and
the human desire to say,"I was here."  A Dutch librarian, whose life is
radically changed when he discovers a 19th century travel guidebook that is 123
years overdue, seeks the individual responsible, which leads to an extraordinary
journey - via a one-man show disguised as a lecture - toward spiritual renewal.
 Directed by Fred Sternfeld and featuring Joe Gunderman, the play is
concluding its Cesear's Forum Cleveland run.

Despite our universal and inescapable fate, we are narrative beings, who make
our realities out of the stories we tell about ourselves, each other and our
world.  The Librarian's story is artful, heartfelt rubbish.  But at least, for
him, it makes some questing sense.
                                                    By Stephen Dunne from his
Sydney Morning Herald Review

UNDERNEATH THE LINTEL final performances are presented at Kennedy's Down
Under, Playhouse Square Center, Cleveland, Friday May 7th and Saturday, May 8th.
All seats $15.  Call (216) 241-6000.   Be aware that Interstate 77 will be
closed this weekend between Interstate 271 and Interstate 480.  Travel time to
Cleveland should be inclusive of alternative routes.

--part1_1e4.1f50724e.2dc9f227_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  BA=
CK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMI=
LY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><I>As she watched UNDERNEATH THE=20=
LINTEL, Glen Berger's play about the stubborn and sometimes desperate attemp=
t of human beings to leave something of their mark in the world, she couldn'=
t help but think that she knew at least two people who lost people in the Wo=
rld Trade Center catastrophe.  Memorial services had been held, but the=
re were no bodies to bury - only the memories of their loved ones and whatev=
er inconsequential stuff they'd left behind were proof that the people had e=
xisted at all.  This is also true of the mystery library patron who hau=
nts the life of Berger's nameless Dutch librarian.  <BR>
                           &nbs=
p;               &nbs=
p;    </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BA=
CKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D1 PTSIZE=3D8 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Ar=
ial" LANG=3D"0">By Arlene McKanic from her Greenwich Village Gazette Review<=
/FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #=
ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">=
</I><BR>
<BR>
UNDERNEATH THE LINTELis an absurd mystery story about understanding life and=
 the human desire to say,"I was here."  A Dutch librarian, whose life i=
s radically changed when he discovers a 19th century travel guidebook that i=
s 123 years overdue, seeks the individual responsible, which leads to an ext=
raordinary journey - via a one-man show disguised as a lecture - toward spir=
itual renewal.  Directed by Fred Sternfeld and featuring Joe Gunderman,=
 the play is concluding its Cesear's Forum Cleveland run.  <BR>
<BR>
<I>Despite our universal and inescapable fate, we are narrative beings, who=20=
make our realities out of the stories we tell about ourselves, each other an=
d our world.  The Librarian's story is artful, heartfelt rubbish. =
 But at least, for him, it makes some questing sense.<BR>
                               =
                =
     </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=
=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D1 PTSIZE=3D8 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">By Stephen Dunne from his Sydney Morning Herald Review=
       <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
></I><BR>
UNDERNEATH THE LINTEL final performances are presented at Kennedy's Down Und=
er, Playhouse Square Center, Cleveland, Friday May 7th and Saturday, May 8th=
.  All seats $15.  Call (216) 241-6000.   Be aware that=20=
Interstate 77 will be closed this weekend between Interstate 271 and Interst=
ate 480.  Travel time to Cleveland should be inclusive of alternative r=
outes.     <BR>
<BR>
        <BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1e4.1f50724e.2dc9f227_boundary--