[NEohioPAL]June 17th Cedar Lee Theater protest

Jpk1798 at aol.com Jpk1798 at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 14:13:49 PDT 2004

-------------------------------1087247629

SHAME ON YOU
CLEVELAND CINEMAS!!
Join us on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at the Cedar-Lee Theater at the corner of
Cedar and Lee Roads in Cleveland Heights to protest the lockout of union
projectionists by Cleveland Cinemas. We will be at the theater from 4-8PM; join us
whenever you can.
Jon Forman is trying to bust the projectionists' union, IATSE Local 160. He
is insisting on eliminating dedicated union projectionist positions. He has
locked out the projectionists at the Cedar-Lee, Tower City, Shaker Square, and
Chagrin Cinema Theaters, and expects that they and their supporters will go
away. This Thursday, we will remind him that the community cares about the people
who provide important services to us.
Jon Forman has done great things for cinema in the Cleveland area. That does
not excuse him from the obligation to treat his employees with dignity.
The union is not asking people to stop going to these theaters; however,
please boycott the concession stands.
Thursday was chosen for this support activity because of an event that is
taking place on Lee Road. This is a good time to get out the word.See you there!
For more information please call Local 160 at 216-621-7854.

-------------------------------1087247629

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<CENTER><B><FONT color=3Dred>
<H2>SHAME ON YOU<BR>CLEVELAND CINEMAS!!</H2></FONT></B>
<P><I>
<H3>Join us on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at the Cedar-Lee Theater at the corne=
r of Cedar and Lee Roads in Cleveland Heights to protest the lockout of unio=
n projectionists by Cleveland Cinemas. We will be at the theater from 4-8PM;=
 join us whenever you can.</H3></I>
<P>Jon Forman is trying to bust the projectionists' union, IATSE Local 160.=20=
He is insisting on eliminating dedicated union projectionist positions. He h=
as locked out the projectionists at the Cedar-Lee, Tower City, Shaker Square=
, and Chagrin Cinema Theaters, and expects that they and their supporters wi=
ll go away. This Thursday, we will remind him that the community cares about=
 the people who provide important services to us.=20
<P>Jon Forman has done great things for cinema in the Cleveland area. That d=
oes not excuse him from the obligation to treat his employees with dignity.=20
<P>The union is not asking people to stop going to these theaters; however,=20=
please boycott the concession stands.=20
<P>Thursday was chosen for this support activity because of an event that is=
 taking place on Lee Road. This is a good time to get out the word.See you t=
here!=20
<P>For more information please call Local 160 at 216-621-7854.</CENTER></P><=
/BODY></HTML>