[NEohioPAL]Summer News

NaCl- Tannis Kowalchuk nacl at nacl.org
Mon Jun 14 15:37:43 PDT 2004

--B_3170083064_1329545

NaCl Summer News  =20

THE CATSKILL FESTIVAL OF NEW THEATRE
August 6-28, 2004
Our 5th Season!=20
An eclectic international theatre festival held in the beautiful upstate
Sullivan County town of Highland Lake, NY.  The month-long festival is
produced by NaCl founders, Brad Krumholz and Tannis Kowalchuk and features
daring theatre that is devised, experimental, and multi-disciplinary. This
year, The Catskill Festival of New Theatre will include world premieres, ne=
scripts, circus,  the contemporary New York City variety show, puppetry,
acrobatics, commedia dell=B9arte, outdoor spectacle, and music that defines
our culture, our lives, and the performing arts scene today.  Show admissio=
is on a sliding scale, PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN, between $8-$20.  A three-day
conference focusing on non-traditional playwrighting will be held August
16-18 with guest playwrights and scholars.  Open to the public.
Thinking about making the trip?
If you want a local accommodations list, please send a reply to this e-mail=
.
www.nacl.org is our site for more show info and travel directions.
=20
The SCHEDULE=20
Friday, August 6         Sxip=B9s Hour of Charm (New York)
Saturday, August 7    Terrotica,  NaCl Theatre (New York)
Friday, August 13       Terrotica, NaCl Theatre (New York)
Saturday, August 14   The Confessions of Punch and Judy, Number Eleven
(Toronto)/Cleveland Public Theatre/NaCl
Sunday, August 15      Uncle Oscar=B9s Experiment,  Zuppa Circus (Halifax,
Canada)
Friday, August 20        The Maid of Orleans,   Artspot Productions/Moving
Humans (New Orleans)
Saturday, August 21    TBA (Spanish/English performance)
Friday, August 27         Fever Pitch, Under the Table (New York)
Saturday, August 28    Circus Amok, Circus Amok (New York)

The Conference features: Joe Martin, Erik Ehn, Kristin Kosmos, Saviana
Stanescu, Lisa Wolford, Larry Bogad, Rob Plowman, Thomas Bartscherer, Mike
Geither, Henry Israeli, Daniel Mroz,  Bruce Barton, Jennifer
Parker-Starbuck, Joshua Abrams, and more.
=20
Location:  NaCl Catskills, Highland Lake, NY Sullivan County (one mile from
Eldred, NY)
Address:  110 Highland Lake Rd.
Box Office: 845-557-0694
Website: www.nacl.org <http://www.nacl.org/>  (for directions)
Ticket Price: $8-$20 Sliding Scale (pay what you can)

Funded by: The National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council on
the Arts, Sullivan County Arts and Heritage

WORKSHOPS, RETREATS, EXCHANGES

Summer Solstice Song Exchange
A gathering in Highland Lake on June 18,19,20.  Contact Tannis Kowalchuk fo=
more information at 845-557-0694

Singing Workshop with Karin Randoja
Canadian singer/actress, Karin Randoja will lead a three day singing
workshop, July 2nd, 3rd and 4th for anyone looking to sing in a group and
learn new songs. We will sing songs, taught both aurally and with sheet
music, from different cultures and composers from around the world. Singing
expertise is not required, but a love of singing and harmony is. Beginning
on Friday evening, we will form a temporary choir, learning and singing
together for 3 days. On Sunday July 4th, we may even give an impromptu
concert during the 4th of July festivities.
Karin Randoja is a singer, director, teacher and actor. She was a co-founde=
of the ground breaking theatre company, Primus Theatre, and created numerou=
original productions with the company which toured Canada, the U.S. and
Europe. She has released 4 CDs, with the band John Millard and Happy Day,
with her own trio, Kavli and with jazz composer Tim Posgate. She has toured
nationally to folk festivals and concert venues, and has received a Fox
Fellowship to study voice and singing at the Centre Artistique de Roy Hart,
with Pantheatre, (France) and at the IWF in England. Karin teaches singing
and acting in the theatre department of Humber College and at the National
Theatre School of Canada, along with numerous singing workshops in Canada,
the U.S. and Italy. She has been musical director of many original shows,
including Blue Sky Transmission: A Tibetan Book of the Dead (Cleveland
Public Theatre and La Mama Etc. in New York) and has appeared in several ne=
Canadian musicals.=20
If interested:
Where: North American Cultural Laboratory (NACL) Theatre Space in Highland
Lake, N.Y.
When: Friday evening, July 2nd - 7:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 3rd - 10:00 - 4:00 p.m
Sunday, July 4th - 10:00 - 4:00 p.m, potential concert and fireworks in the
evening?
Cost: $100.00 (U.S.)=A0for workshop fee
$30.00 (U.S.)=A0per day for all room and board at the theatre (there is also
camping, B&B=B9s, and your own food as an option)
If you are interested, please email Karin Randoja @ krandoja at hotmail.com, o=
call (416) - 531-2710 x 2 to register and for further information. Check ou=
www.nacl.org for information about and directions to the theatre or call
845-557-0694=20

THE CATSKILL PERFORMER TRAINING RETREAT
July 11-18, 2004
Professional performing artists from across the continent will gather at
NaCl Catskills for a week-long training and creation intensive and artists=B9
retreat.  The retreat is full this year and we can no longer accept
applications.  Thank you.

PERFORMING ARTS CAMP FOR YOUTH
at Sullivan County Community College
July 5 to 9, 2004  Monday-Friday
8:30 AM - 12 Noon
NaCl Theatre will explore the exciting world of the Performing Arts.
Theatre, movement, vocal music, stilt-walking, outdoor theatre technique,
and writing text will be taught.  The course is an opportunity for youth to
work with NaCl Theatre, an international theatre troupe based in Highland
Lake, who will teach students how to create original theatre performances
from their own imagination and unique skills.  The course will develop the
performing arts skills and talents of each individual student while focusin=
on team work and the ensemble creation experience. Comfortable clothes and
shoes for movement are suggested.  Ages 10 and up.
Instructor: Brad Krumholz
Fee: $120   Course Title: Performing Arts for Youth
Location: Student Union, Sullivan County Community College
To register and for more info, call SCCC Monticello Center at 845-791-1438,
ext. 201; or The Continuing Education Department at 845-434-5750, ext 4398;
or by E-mail:  jfoster at sullivan.suny.edu

--B_3170083064_1329545

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Summer News</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><FONT SIZE=3D"7"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font=
-size:36.0px'><B>NaCl Summer News</B></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D=
"7"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:36.0px'><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0=
000">   <BR>
</FONT></B></SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><B><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-s=
ize:12.0px'><BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><U>THE CATSKILL FESTIVAL OF NEW THEATRE<BR>
</U></FONT>August 6-28, 2004<BR>
Our 5th Season! <BR>
</SPAN></B><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>An eclectic international theatre=
 festival held in the beautiful upstate Sullivan County town of Highland Lak=
e, NY.  The month-long festival is produced by NaCl founders, <B>Brad K=
rumholz</B> and <B>Tannis Kowalchuk</B> and features daring theatre that is =
devised, experimental, and multi-disciplinary. This year, The Catskill Festi=
val of New Theatre will include world premieres, new scripts, circus,  =
the contemporary New York City variety show, puppetry, acrobatics, commedia =
dell’arte, outdoor spectacle, and music that defines our culture, our =
lives, and the performing arts scene today.  Show admission is on a sli=
ding scale, PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN, between $8-$20.  A three-day conference f=
ocusing on non-traditional playwrighting will be held August 16-18 with gues=
t playwrights and scholars.  Open to the public.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000">Thinking about making the trip?<BR>
</FONT>If you want a local accommodations list, please send a reply to this=
 e-mail.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>www.nacl.org</U> </FONT>is our site for more show =
info and travel directions.<BR>
 <BR>
<B><U>The SCHEDULE <BR>
</U></B>Friday, August 6         <B=
>Sxip’s Hour of Charm (</B>New York<B>) <BR>
</B>Saturday, August 7    <B>Terrotica, </B> NaCl Theatre (N=
ew York)<BR>
Friday, August 13       <B>Terrotica, </B>NaC=
l Theatre (New York)<BR>
Saturday, August 14   <B>The Confessions of Punch and Judy, </B>N=
umber Eleven (Toronto)/Cleveland Public Theatre/NaCl <BR>
Sunday, August 15      <B>Uncle Oscar’s Expe=
riment,  </B>Zuppa Circus (Halifax, Canada)<BR>
Friday, August 20        <B>The Maid of =
Orleans,  </B> Artspot Productions/Moving Humans (New Orleans)<BR>
Saturday, August 21    <B>TBA (Spanish/English performance)<=

</B>Friday, August 27         <B>Fe=
ver Pitch, </B>Under the Table (New York)<BR>
Saturday, August 28    <B>Circus Amok, </B>Circus Amok (New =
York)<BR>
<BR>
<B>The</B> <B>Conferenc</B>e features: </SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><SPAN STYLE=3D'f=
ont-size:10.0px'>Joe Martin, Erik Ehn, Kristin Kosmos, Saviana Stanescu, Lis=
a Wolford, Larry Bogad, Rob Plowman, Thomas Bartscherer, Mike Geither, Henry=
 Israeli, Daniel Mroz,  Bruce Barton, Jennifer Parker-Starbuck, Joshua =
Abrams, and more.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Baskerville"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px=
'> <BR>
</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Location:=
  NaCl Catskills, Highland Lake, NY Sullivan County (one mile from Eldr=
ed, NY)<BR>
Address:  110 Highland Lake Rd.<BR>
Box Office: 845-557-0694 <BR>
Website: www.nacl.org <<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><a href=3D"http://www.nacl=
.org/">http://www.nacl.org/</a></U></FONT>>  (for directions)<BR>
Ticket Price: $8-$20 Sliding Scale (pay what you can)<BR>
<BR>
<B>Funded by: The National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council o=
n the Arts, Sullivan County Arts and Heritage <BR>
</B><BR>
</FONT></SPAN><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-=
size:18.0px'><H2><U>WORKSHOPS, RETREATS, EXCHANGES<BR>
</U></H2></SPAN><U><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><B><BR>
</B></SPAN></U></FONT><U><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF=
00FF">Summer Solstice Song Exchange<BR>
</FONT></B></SPAN></U><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>A gathering in Highlan=
d Lake on June 18,19,20.  Contact Tannis Kowalchuk for more information=
 at 845-557-0694<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><B><U>Singing Workshop with Karin Randoja<BR>
</U></B></FONT>Canadian singer/actress, Karin Randoja will lead a three day=
 singing workshop, July 2nd, 3rd and 4th for anyone looking to sing in a gro=
up and learn new songs. We will sing songs, taught both aurally and with she=
et music, from different cultures and composers from around the world. Singi=
ng expertise is not required, but a love of singing and harmony is. Beginnin=
g on Friday evening, we will form a temporary choir, learning and singing to=
gether for 3 days. On Sunday July 4th, we may even give an impromptu concert=
 during the 4th of July festivities.<BR>
</SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'>Karin Randoja is a sin=
ger, director, teacher and actor. She was a co-founder of the ground breakin=
g theatre company, Primus Theatre, and created numerous original productions=
 with the company which toured Canada, the U.S. and Europe. She has released=
 4 CDs, with the band John Millard and Happy Day, with her own trio, Kavli a=
nd with jazz composer Tim Posgate. She has toured nationally to folk festiva=
ls and concert venues, and has received a Fox Fellowship to study voice and =
singing at the Centre Artistique de Roy Hart, with Pantheatre, (France) and =
at the IWF in England. Karin teaches singing and acting in the theatre depar=
tment of Humber College and at the National Theatre School of Canada, along =
with numerous singing workshops in Canada, the U.S. and Italy. She has been =
musical director of many original shows, including <I>Blue Sky Transmission:=
 A Tibetan Book of the Dead</I> (Cleveland Public Theatre and La Mama Etc. i=
n New York) and has appeared in several new Canadian musicals. <BR>
</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>If interested:<BR>
<B>Where: </B>North American Cultural Laboratory (NACL) Theatre Space in Hi=
ghland Lake, N.Y.<BR>
<B>When: </B>Friday evening, July 2nd - 7:00 - 10:00 p.m.<BR>
Saturday, July 3rd - 10:00 - 4:00 p.m<BR>
Sunday, July 4th - 10:00 - 4:00 p.m, potential concert and fireworks in the=
 evening?<BR>
<B>Cost: </B>$100.00 (U.S.)=A0for workshop fee<BR>
$30.00 (U.S.)=A0per day for all room and board at the theatre (there is also =
camping, B&B’s, and your own food as an option)<BR>
<B>If you are interested, please email Karin Randoja @ <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF=
"><U>krandoja at hotmail.com</U></FONT>, or call (416) - 531-2710 x 2 to regist=
er and for further information. Check out <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF">www.nacl.org=
</FONT> for information about and directions to the theatre or call </B></SP=
AN><B><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'>845-557-0694 <BR>
</SPAN></FONT></B><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0px'><H5><BR>
<BR>
</H5></SPAN><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><B><U>THE =
CATSKILL PERFORMER TRAINING RETREAT<BR>
</U>July 11-18, 2004<BR>
</B></SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Professional<FONT COLOR=3D"#=
800000"> </FONT>performing artists from across the continent will gather at =
NaCl Catskills for a week-long training and creation intensive and artists&#=
8217; retreat.  The retreat is full this year and we can no longer acce=
pt applications.  Thank you.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B><U>PERFORMING ARTS CAMP FOR YOUTH<BR>
</U></B></FONT><B>at Sullivan County Community College<BR>
July 5 to 9, 2004  Monday-Friday<BR>
8:30 AM - 12 Noon<BR>
</B>NaCl Theatre will explore the exciting world of the Performing Arts. Th=
eatre, movement, vocal music, stilt-walking, outdoor theatre technique, and =
writing text will be taught.  The course is an opportunity for youth to=
 work with NaCl Theatre, an international theatre troupe based in Highland L=
ake, who will teach students how to create original theatre performances fro=
m their own imagination and unique skills.  The course will develop the=
 performing arts skills and talents of each individual student while focusin=
g on team work and the ensemble creation experience. Comfortable clothes and=
 shoes for movement are suggested.  Ages 10 and up.  <BR>
<B>Instructor: Brad Krumholz<BR>
Fee: </B>$120<B>   Course Title: </B>Performing Arts for Youth<BR=

<B>Location: </B>Student Union, Sullivan County Community College<BR>
<B>To register</B> and for more info, call SCCC Monticello Center at 845-79=
1-1438, ext. 201; or The Continuing Education Department at 845-434-5750, ex=
t 4398; or by E-mail:  <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>jfoster at sullivan.suny.e=
du<BR>
</U></FONT><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><B><BR>
</B></FONT></U><BR>
<BR>
<B><BR>
</B><BR>