[NEohioPAL]Upadte from THE ROSE

Richard Boothroyd rboothie at zoominternet.net
Mon Jul 19 13:42:26 PDT 2004

Not so briefly...

With the exception of what was clearly a mistake on my part in not enforcin=
no-smoking in the auditorium which led to a very smoky experience and one I
apologize for...SOUTHERN ROCK ALLSTARS were fantastic, accessible during
intermission and after the show and absolutely charged with energy
throughout. We will definitely have them return next year but without the
smoking.  As a guitarist I am always interested in technical issues of a
performance and both Jay Johnson and Scott Mabrey were technically superb. =
have two personal highlights from the show..."SWEET HOME ALABAMA" and
picking gospel songs with Jay at the hotel at 4AM.

In keeping with the "Gospel" motif...on Sunday afternoon/ evening we have
been doing doing FAMILY KARAOKE from the stage of THE ROSE. The idea was at
the urging of Dan Drocton, President of KARAOKE COMPANY of Medina and of
course the idea of having children perform for their parents was appealing
but after the first couple couple of outings I was not really getting the
family aspect of it...that is until last evening when two families spanning
three generations came on stage en masse and sang Motown. This was so
uplifting it was truly remarkable.  I really encourage families and just
plain folk to stop in next Sunday between 5-9 and plan on staying for the
whole time or come in after dinner. It is amazing.

Coming up the balance of the week...Tuesday is Karaoke from the stage
between 9PM-1AM. A number of the singers from Sunday and some regulars will
be on hand. It is always fun and for the ladies we have specially priced
beverages and free massage in a private ladies salon performed by trained
practitioners.

Wednesday will be dark this week but on July 28. KING OF THE MOUNTAIN Teen
band Rock off begins.

This Thursday, July 21 Comedy at THE ROSE starts at 8PM. First half our is
open mic. If you want to perform contact Comedyattherose at hotmail.com or sho=
up 1/2 hour before showtime.

Friday July 22...the return of 40OZ. to Freedom "The music of Sublime and
More" Opening for 40OZ will be JEM.This is a party hearty band and crowd so
do not expect to stay seated or nap. Doors open at 8PM

Saturday July 23,  ALTERNATIVE PATH BENEFIT from 3PM-10PM featuring six
musical acts, pig roast, raffles, auctions and just generally a good time.
$10 donation.

Coming soon...July 31 MOJO RISIN' an amazing DOORS tribute show
www.doorstribute.com. Here is what one of our patrons emailed me about this
band...

"I was VERY  HAPPY  to see that MOJO RISING  will be coming on July 31st.
I heard them at the Outback Festival and was extremely impressed with their
performance and interaction with the audience.  They were disappointed
that they were unable to play longer for the crowd due to strict noise laws
in the Litchfield community.  The lead singer begged to continue to please
the crowd, but, was not able to perform longer. Thanks for bringing them to
The Rose"

And of course:

DAROL ANGER FIDDLE ENSEMBLE on August 21

LEON RUSSELL on August 24

JESSE McREYNOLDS on September 4

And lots more I will tell you about next week.

Remember that tickets for many shows are available online at
www.therosetheater.com  and tickets for ALL shows are available at the
theater one hour before other shows.

Finally,=20

Our good friends from THE KENT STAGE asked me to forward this to you

=20