[NEohioPAL]Calling all Performing Artists and Tech Crew!

Mark Stephens mstephens at geaugalake.com
Mon Jul 19 16:14:59 PDT 2004

Geauga Lake Park rolls out their annual Halloween event:  The Haunt!
Come be a part of the excitement!  Under our new ownership by Cedar Fair, t=
his year's "The Haunt", promises to be the premiere Halloween event in nort=
h-east Ohio, but we need your talent to make it work!  All said we are goin=
g to be hiring over eighty positions in our entertainment department alone!=
  The job descriptions are listed below, so if you fit into one or more of =
the categories, we'll be looking forward to seeing you there!  Don't miss o=
ut, this is a great chance to do what we love, and get paid for it!

Here is what we are looking for:

=93Screamsters=94 & Monsters:
Do you think you=92re scary?  If you=92re up to the task, you=92ll earn a s=
pot on the team, spooking our guests every haunted weekend!  Call the audit=
ion hotline 330-995-7994 to get more information!

Singers/Dancers:
Please come prepared with headshot, resume, an up-tempo and a ballad.  An a=
ccompanist and CD player will be provided.  Please bring sheet music or acc=
ompaniment in appropriate key.  A Capella is not acceptable.  A dance combi=
nation will be taught, in styles of jazz, hip-hop, locking, and clogging.  =
Prepared dances will be seen, but you will still dance the audition combina=
tion.  Please dress appropriately.

Actors/Specialty Acts/Stunt performers:
Please come prepared with resume and headshot if available.  Monologues/rou=
tines need to be under one minute.  Improvisation/stage combat may be reque=
sted/taught.  Costume measurements will be taken, please dress appropriatel=
y.

Costume Characters:
All applicants will be given preliminary interviews.  Resume and headshot, =
if available, are greatly appreciated.  There may be a movement combination=
 taught, and/or measurements taken,  please dress appropriately.

Technicians:
There will be an ongoing series of interviews, and hands-on testing of skil=
l levels on park equipment.  Resume, if available, is greatly appreciated. =
 Please call our audition hotline at (330)995-7994 to schedule an appointme=
nt.

Make-up artists:
Experience with prosthetics application, and/or airbrush technique is prefe=
rred, but not required.  Please call our audition hotline at (330)995-7994 =
to schedule an appointment.  Resume greatly appreciated!

Auditions/Interviews will be held at:
The Geauga Lake Hotel
800 N. Aurora Rd.
Aurora Ohio, 44202
Audition & Interview Dates/Times:
July 27th; singers and dancers
 4:00pm-8:00pm
July 31st; all talents
 11:00am-3:00pm
August 1st; all talents
 11:00am-3:00pm
August 4th; all talents
 4:00pm-8:00pm

If you are interested in auditioning, and are unavailable to attend these a=
uditions in person, or have any questions, please call our audition hotline=
 (330) 995-7994!  Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you there!