[NEohioPAL]The Derek Trucks Band at Cain Park 8/7

Ksenia ksenia at clvhts.com
Tue Jul 27 17:21:19 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3173804479_1613510_MIME_Part

                  =20
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                  =20
JULY 22, 2004

CAIN PARK presents
The Derek Trucks Band
August 7

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH =AD The Derek Trucks Band has a rich history of
incredible musical talent.  They will perform at Cain Park=B9s Evans
Amphitheater on August 7 at 8 pm.  Tickets are $15/$13/$11 in advance and
$18/$16/$14 the day of the show.

The Derek Trucks Band has evolved tremendously over the past ten years.
They blend jazz, rock, blues, Latin, Eastern India, and other world music
that can be classified as progressive roots music.  Band leader  Derek
Trucks (guitar) began his musical career at the age of nine, got his first
paying gig at 11 and formed his own band at age 12.  Trucks then began
touring, with his father alongside as his road manager/chaperone, before Th=
Derek Trucks Band came into existence in 1994.

The band members are:  Kofi Burbridge (guitar), Yonrico Scott (drums,
percussion and vocals), Todd Smallie (bass and vocals) and Mike Mattison
(lead vocals).  They released their debut album, Landslide, in 1997,
followed by Out of Madness in 1998.  Both albums informed listeners that
there is a lot more to Trucks than his blues guitar prodigy label indicates=
.
In 1999, Trucks was asked to join the Allman Brothers Band to take over
slide guitar duty.  Between performing with both bands, he played more than
365 shows in 2000 and 2001, performing for a combined audience of more than
a million people. =20

The mission of The Derek Trucks Band is to assemble a group of musicians
that all share a passion for improvisation and musical exploration, and to
develop a special musical unity by performing as a core group of players fo=
an extended time.  For more information about The Derek Trucks Band, please
visit their website at www.derektrucks.com.

Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket
Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995
(please include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and
signature).  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also
available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone
216.241.5555 or 330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.

Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, Friends of Cain Park, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcar=
Honda/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.

Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the
nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between
Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free
and located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about al=
Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.
###
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY,  Public Relations and Marketing, or SUSAN
KENNEDY, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail
ksenia at clvhts.com.

--MS_Mac_OE_3173804479_1613510_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>The Derek Trucks Band at Cain Park 8/7</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Times">       &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
            </FO=
NT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
             &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;       </B>JULY 22, 2004<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H1>CAIN PARK presents<BR>
The Derek Trucks Band<BR>
August 7<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</H1><FONT SIZE=3D"4">CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH =AD <B>The Derek Trucks Band</B> ha=
s a rich history of incredible musical talent.  They will perform at Ca=
in Park=B9s Evans Amphitheater on <B>August 7 at 8 pm</B>.  Tickets are $=
15/$13/$11 in advance and $18/$16/$14 the day of the show.  <BR>
<BR>
The Derek Trucks Band has evolved tremendously over the past ten years. &nb=
sp;They blend jazz, rock, blues, Latin, Eastern India, and other world music=
 that can be classified as progressive roots music.  Band leader  =
<B>Derek Trucks</B> (guitar) began his musical career at the age of nine, go=
t his first paying gig at 11 and formed his own band at age 12.  Trucks=
 then began touring, with his father alongside as his road manager/chaperone=
, before The Derek Trucks Band came into existence in 1994.  <BR>
<BR>
The band members are:  <B>Kofi Burbridge </B>(guitar), <B>Yonrico Scot=
t </B>(drums, percussion and vocals), <B>Todd Smallie </B>(bass and vocals) =
and <B>Mike Mattison </B>(lead vocals).  They released their debut albu=
m, <I>Landslide</I>, in 1997, followed by <I>Out of Madness</I> in 1998. &nb=
sp;Both albums informed listeners that there is a lot more to Trucks than hi=
s blues guitar prodigy label indicates.  In 1999, Trucks was asked to j=
oin the Allman Brothers Band to take over slide guitar duty.  Between p=
erforming with both bands, he played more than 365 shows in 2000 and 2001, p=
erforming for a combined audience of more than a million people.  <BR>
<BR>
The mission of The Derek Trucks Band is to assemble a group of musicians th=
at all share a passion for improvisation and musical exploration, and to dev=
elop a special musical unity by performing as a core group of players for an=
 extended time.  For more information about The Derek Trucks Band, plea=
se visit their website at www.derektrucks.com.<BR>
<BR>
Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket Offi=
ce, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995 (please=
 include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and signature)=
.  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also availabl=
e at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone 216.241.5555 or =
330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.<BR>
<BR>
Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular Wirele=
ss, Friends of Cain Park, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Honda=
/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.  <BR>
<BR>
Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the=
 nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of Cleve=
land Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between Lee a=
nd South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free a=
nd located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about=
 all Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.<BR>
###<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY,  Public Relations and Marketing, or SUS=
AN KENNEDY, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail ksenia at clvhts=
.com.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3173804479_1613510_MIME_Part--