[NEohioPAL]Catskill Festival Opening

NaCl- Tannis Kowalchuk nacl at nacl.org
Mon Aug 2 11:23:10 PDT 2004

--B_3174302675_21885268

The Catskill Festival of New Theatre
August 6-28, 2004

Dear Friends,
NaCl Theatre announces the opening weekend of the fifth CATSKILL FESTIVAL O=
NEW THEATRE in Highland Lake, NY.  The festival is produced by NaCl
founders, Brad Krumholz and Tannis Kowalchuk and features some of North
America=B9s most daring artists of today.  We hope that those of you who live
near and far will come and see the work of these inspiring artists.  If you
would like a listing of local accommodations please reply to this e-mail.
We are 2 hours from New York City in a gorgeous area.   Funded in part by
the NEA, NYSCA, and Sullivan County Culture and Heritage.

THIS WEEKEND

Friday, August 6
Sxip=B9s Hour of Charm (New York)
>From NYC=B9s hottest underground variety show scene!
A night of mental, vocal, theatrical and physical contortionism, hosted by
New York City circus composer, Sxip Shirey . Puppetry, banjo vaudevillians,
dance, clowns, and music will delight and amaze. The show will feature the
astounding vocal soundscape creations of Zero Boy, the buffoonary of The Re=
Bastard, vaudevillian banjo master Curtis Eller, the magic puppetry of Chri=
Green and Erin Orr, the video projections of Kerthy Fix, the contortionist
acrobatics of Jonathan Nosan, and Indian dancer V.A. Gayathri. 8 PM
=20
Saturday, August 7=20
Terrotica, by NaCl Theatre (New York)
Directed by NaCl artistic director, Brad Krumholz, Terrotica explores the
link between fear and arousal.  When a couple goes away for the weekend, an
erotic nightmare unravels that utilizes NaCl=B9s unique brand of physical
ensemble theatre, striking images, film, mask, and vocal styles to create a
haunting landscape.  Featuring Wade Bowen, Sarah Dey Hirshan, Rosaruby
Glaberman, and Patricia Skarbinski. Terrotica is a surreal expose of human
dreams, fear, desire, sex, and love. Adults only (nudity, explicit subject
matter). 8 PM

COMING UP

Friday, August 13
Terrotica, by NaCl Theatre (New York)
Directed by NaCl artistic director, Brad Krumholz, Terrotica explores the
link between fear and arousal.  When a couple goes away for the weekend, an
erotic nightmare unravels that utilizes NaCl=B9s unique brand of physical
theatre, striking images, film, and vocal styles to create a haunting
landscape. Terrotica is a surreal expose of human dreams, fears, desires,
sex, and love. Adults only (nudity, explicit subject matter). 8 PM

Saturday, August 14
The Confessions of Punch and Judy (World premiere!),
Number Eleven Theatre (Toronto), Cleveland Public Theatre (Cleveland)
with NaCl Theatre (New York)
Created by Tannis Kowalchuk of NaCl, Ker Wells of Number Eleven,  and
director Raymond Bobgan, The Confessions of Punch and Judy is an all-night
argument that is slapstick, funny, physical, and viciously honest, capturin=
the anarchic spirit of the classic Punch and Judy puppet show.  Two virtuos=
performers leap between the psychologically real and the delightfully
surreal, to expose the extremes in relationships. Some adult language and
themes.  8 PM
=20
Sunday, August 15
Uncle Oscar=B9s Experiment, Zuppa Circus (Halifax, Canada)
An outdoor theatre performance by Halifax-based, Zuppa Circus. Felicity
Luckless is cursed. Or so they say. Everywhere she goes she brings death an=
destruction, until Dr. Oscar Smithisson-Burke announces he can cure the poo=
girl. Inspired by nineteenth century melodramas and grand guignol, Uncle
Oscar=B9s Experiment is an outlandish musical theatre fantasia with stilts,
fake blood, and ghoulish comedy.  3 PM Matinee and 8 PM added show.
=20
Monday August 16 - Thursday, August 19
NEW PERFORMANCE CONFERENCE
Open to public, play readings, lectures, demonstrations.  Featuring Joe
Martin, Lisa Wolford, Saviana Stanescu, Thomas Bartscherer,  Daniel Mroz,
Bruce Barton, Mike Geither, Henry Israeli, Rob Plowman, and more. 8 PM star=
time. Call for details.
=20
Friday, August 20
The Maid of Orleans: A Joan of Arc Story, Artspot Productions/Moving Humans
(New Orleans)
The Maid of Orl=E9ans: A Joan of Arc Story takes place in the limbo of the 50=
0
years between Joan=B9s burning at the stake and her canonization by The
Church. Through story, movement, music, song, sculpture and video
projection, the company presents a fantastic world of the Saints as they
might tell it. An epic and visually stunning performance with original
music. 8 PM
=20
Saturday, August 21
Isabel Banished in Isabel and MaTRIX
LaMicro Theater (New York)
First, LaMicro presents a one-act play by Chilean playwright Juan Radrigan,
full of humor, music, anger, and pathos. In its original incarnation the
play was a one-character play about the many people who disappeared during
the Pinochet dictatorship in Chile The language of this performance by New
York's LaMicro Theater is 20% Spanish and 80% English. After the show,
LaMicro will present a staged reading of its newest work, MaTRIX, a
hilarious farce by Diana Raznovich.
8 PM
=20
Friday, August 27
Fever Pitch, Under The Table (New York)
Fever Pitch  is a fast paced commedia dell=B9arte performance with masks and
high physicality.  When two PR goons from the Department of Homeland
Security get their mitts on the work of Klyftan von Qlvdn, a seriously
serious capital-A Artist, there=B9s nothing that won=B9t be done in the name of
art (or money, power, war, and terror). Expect to laugh...a lot.  An
all-ages show.  8 PM
=20
Saturday, August 28
Circus Amok (New York)
Circus Amok's new one ring circus extravaganza will feature amazing
acrobats, jaunty jugglers, stunning stilters, danger, dancers, gogo and
more, in a searing look at the events of the year. Circus Amok has been
touring New York City parks for over a decade and is toast of the parks.  A=
all ages show.  3 PM Matinee

Location:  NaCl Catskills, Highland Lake, NY Sullivan County
Address:  110 Highland Lake Rd., Highland Lake NY  12743
Box Office:  845-557-0694       Website: www.nacl.org   (for travel
directions)
Ticket Price:  $8-$20 Sliding Scale (Pay What You Can)
Contact:         Tannis Kowalchuk 845-557-0694

--B_3174302675_21885268

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Catskill Festival Opening</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:18.0px'><=
H2>The Catskill Festival of New Theatre<BR>
August 6-28, 2004<BR>
</H2></SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0p=
x'><BR>
Dear Friends,<BR>
<B>NaCl Theatre </B>announces the opening weekend of the fifth <B>CATSKILL =
FESTIVAL OF NEW THEATRE</B> in Highland Lake, NY.  The festival is prod=
uced by NaCl founders, <B>Brad Krumholz</B> and <B>Tannis Kowalchuk</B> and =
features some of North America’s most daring artists of today.  W=
e hope that those of you who live near and far will come and see the work of=
 these inspiring artists.  If you would like a listing of local accommo=
dations please reply to this e-mail.  We are 2 hours from New York City=
 in a gorgeous area.  </SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:10.0=
px'> Funded in part by the NEA, NYSCA, and Sullivan County Culture and Herit=
age.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14.0px'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14.0px'><H3><U>THIS WEEKEND<BR>
<BR>
</U></H3></SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:18.0px'>Friday, Augus=
t 6<BR>
<B><I>Sxip’s Hour of Charm</I> (New York)<BR>
</B></SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>From NYC’s hottest u=
nderground variety show scene!<BR>
A night of mental, vocal, theatrical and physical contortionism, hosted by =
New York City circus composer, Sxip Shirey . Puppetry, banjo vaudevillians, =
dance, clowns, and music will delight and amaze. The show will feature the a=
stounding vocal soundscape creations of Zero Boy, the buffoonary of The Red =
Bastard, vaudevillian banjo master Curtis Eller, the magic puppetry of Chris=
 Green and Erin Orr, the video projections of Kerthy Fix, the contortionist =
 acrobatics of Jonathan Nosan, and Indian dancer V.A. Gayathri. <B>8 PM=
<BR>
 <BR>
</B></SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:18.0px'>Saturday, August 7=
 <BR>
<B><I>Terrotica</I>, by NaCl Theatre (New York)<BR>
</B></SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Directed by NaCl artistic =
director, Brad Krumholz, <I>Terrotica</I> explores the link between <U>fear<=
/U> and <U>arousal</U>.  When a couple goes away for the weekend, an er=
otic nightmare unravels that<B> </B>utilizes NaCl’s unique brand of ph=
ysical ensemble theatre, striking images, film, mask, and vocal styles to cr=
eate a haunting landscape.  Featuring Wade Bowen, Sarah Dey Hirshan, Ro=
saruby Glaberman, and Patricia Skarbinski. <I>Terrotica</I> is a surreal exp=
ose of human dreams, fear, desire, sex, and love. <B>Adults</B> <B>only</B> =
(<B>nudity, explicit subject matter</B>). <B>8 PM<BR>
<BR>
</B></SPAN><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:18.0px'><U>COMING UP<BR>
</U></SPAN></FONT><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'><B><BR>
Friday, August 13<BR>
<I>Terrotica</I>, by NaCl Theatre (New York)<BR>
</B>Directed by NaCl artistic director, Brad Krumholz, <I>Terrotica</I> exp=
lores the link between <U>fear</U> and <U>arousal</U>.  When a couple g=
oes away for the weekend, an erotic nightmare unravels that<B> </B>utilizes =
NaCl’s unique brand of physical theatre, striking images, film, and vo=
cal styles to create a haunting landscape. <I>Terrotica</I> is a surreal exp=
ose of human dreams, fears, desires, sex, and love. <B>Adults</B> <B>only</B=
> (nudity, explicit subject matter). <B>8 PM<BR>
</B><BR>
<B>Saturday, August 14<BR>
<I>The Confessions of Punch and Judy </I></B>(World premiere!)<B>, <BR>
Number Eleven Theatre (Toronto), Cleveland Public Theatre (Cleveland) <BR>
with NaCl Theatre (New York)<BR>
</B>Created by Tannis Kowalchuk of NaCl, Ker Wells of Number Eleven,  =
and director Raymond Bobgan, <I>The Confessions of Punch and Judy</I> is an =
all-night argument that is slapstick, funny, physical, and viciously honest,=
<I> </I>capturing the anarchic spirit of the classic Punch and Judy puppet s=
how.  Two virtuoso performers leap between the psychologically real and=
 the delightfully surreal, to expose the extremes in relationships. Some adu=
lt language and themes.  <B>8 PM<BR>
</B> <BR>
<B>Sunday, August 15<BR>
<I>Uncle Oscar’s Experiment</I>, Zuppa Circus (Halifax, Canada)<BR>
</B>An outdoor theatre performance by Halifax-based, Zuppa Circus. Felicity=
 Luckless is cursed. Or so they say. Everywhere she goes she brings death an=
d destruction, until Dr. Oscar Smithisson-Burke announces he can cure the po=
or girl. Inspired by nineteenth century melodramas and grand guignol, <I>Unc=
le Oscar’s Experiment</I> is an outlandish musical theatre fantasia wi=
th stilts, fake blood, and ghoulish comedy.  <B>3 PM Matinee <U>and 8 P=
M added show.<BR>
</U> <BR>
Monday August 16 - Thursday, August 19  <BR>
NEW PERFORMANCE CONFERENCE<BR>
<U>Open to public</U></B>, play readings, lectures, demonstrations.  F=
eaturing Joe Martin, Lisa Wolford, Saviana Stanescu, Thomas Bartscherer, &nb=
sp;Daniel Mroz, Bruce Barton, Mike Geither, Henry Israeli, Rob Plowman, and =
more. 8 PM start time. Call for details.<BR>
<B> <BR>
Friday, August 20<BR>
<I>The Maid of Orleans: A Joan of Arc Story</I>, Artspot Productions/Moving=
 Humans (New Orleans)<BR>
</B><I>The Maid of Orléans: A Joan of Arc Story</I> takes place in t=
he limbo of the 500 years between Joan’s burning at the stake and her =
canonization by The Church. Through story, movement, music, song, sculpture =
and video projection, the company presents a fantastic world of the Saints a=
s they might tell it. An epic and visually stunning performance with origina=
l music. <B>8 PM<BR>
 <BR>
Saturday, August 21<BR>
<I>Isabel Banished in Isabel</I> </B>and<B> <I>MaTRIX<BR>
</I>LaMicro Theater</B> <B>(New York)<BR>
</B>First, LaMicro presents a one-act play by Chilean playwright Juan Radri=
gan, full of humor, music, anger, and pathos. In its original incarnation th=
e play was a one-character play about the many people who disappeared during=
 the Pinochet dictatorship in Chile The language of this performance by New =
York's LaMicro Theater is 20% Spanish and 80% English. After the show, LaMic=
ro will present a staged reading of its newest work, MaTRIX, a hilarious far=
ce by Diana Raznovich. <BR>
<B>8 PM<BR>
</B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF9900"> <BR>
</FONT><B>Friday, August 27<BR>
<I>Fever Pitch</I>, Under The Table (New York)<BR>
</B><I>Fever Pitch </I> is a fast paced commedia dell’arte performanc=
e with masks and high physicality.  When two PR goons from the Departme=
nt of Homeland Security get their mitts on the work of Klyftan von Qlvdn, a =
seriously serious capital-A Artist, there’s nothing that won’t b=
e done in the name of art (or money, power, war, and terror). Expect to laug=
h...a lot.  An all-ages show.  <B>8 PM<BR>
 <BR>
Saturday, August 28<BR>
Circus Amok (New York) <BR>
</B>Circus Amok's new one ring circus extravaganza will feature amazing acr=
obats, jaunty jugglers, stunning stilters, danger, dancers, gogo and more, i=
n a searing look at the events of the year. Circus Amok has been touring New=
 York City parks for over a decade and is toast of the parks.  An all a=
ges show.  <B>3 PM Matinee<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</B>Location:<B>  NaCl Catskills, Highland Lake, NY Sullivan County<BR=

</B>Address:<B>  110 Highland Lake Rd., Highland Lake NY  12743<B=

</B>Box Office:<B>  845-557-0694       W=
ebsite: www.nacl.org   (for travel directions)<BR>
</B>Ticket Price:<B>  $8-$20 Sliding Scale (<U>Pay What You Can</U>) <=

Contact:         Tannis Kowalchuk 8=
45-557-0694</B><BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>