[NEohioPAL]Renowned Koresh Dance Company performs 8/11 & 12 at Cain Park

Ksenia ksenia at clvhts.com
Fri Aug 6 13:56:59 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3174656219_426244_MIME_Part

                  =20
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                  =20
JULY 22, 2004

CAIN PARK presents
Koresh Dance Company
August 11-12

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH =AD The world-renowned and Philadelphia-based Koresh
Dance Company performs at Cain Park=B9s Evans Amphitheater on August 11 and
12.  They will perform a Kidzart  children=B9s concert on August 11 from 1-2
pm:  tickets for Kidzart are $3/child and $6/adult.  Tickets for the August
12 performance at 8 pm are $18/16/$14 in advance and $23/$21/$19 day of the
show.

Founded by Israeli-born choreographer and Artistic Director Ronen Koresh,
Koresh Dance Company presents an exciting and emotional blend of ballet,
modern and jazz molded into an explosive choreography style.  Koresh founde=
the company in 1991 and opened his Company Studios in Philadelphia in 1993.
His unique style of contemporary dance is taught at the Koresh Dance Center
and at Philadelphia=B9s University of the Arts, where he has been a faculty
member since 1986.=20

Koresh has studied with Martha Graham=B9s Bat Sheva Dance Company, Alvin Aile=
American Dance Theater and Philadelphia=B9s Jazz Dance Company, Waves.  His
experience ranges from ballet residencies to teaching modern jazz classes t=
setting choreography in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East=
.

Koresh Dance Company=B9s =B3in your face=B2 style keeps audiences on the edge of
their seats, and the dancers=B9 intensity draws audience members into their
fantastic dance realm.  Koresh continues to create two to three major new
works every year, and his repertoire now stands at over 40 pieces, all of
which carry the stamp of intensity that embodies his work.

The August 12 program will include, the pieces Twisted Pleasures, Living in
East Podunk, Time Stand Still and Backtracks.  Backtracks directly
correlates with Koresh=B9s own struggle and achievement as a choreographer.
Koresh Dance Company members are:  Fang-Ju Chou, Amy Elfers, Sarah Irwin,
Karen Keeler, Curtis Lassiter, Travis Mesman, Melissa Rector, Alexander E.
Simon, Dougie Styles, and Janine Walter.

Koresh Dance Company will also hold an Autograph Signing and Question and
Answer Session at Borders Beachwood on Wednesday, August 11 at 7 pm, which
is open to the public.  Melissa Rector, a company member and Artistic
Director, Ronen Koresh, will both be present for this session.  Please call
Beachwood Borders at 216-292-2660 for more information.

For more information about Koresh Dance Company, visit their website at
www.koreshdance.org.  Both the August 11 and August 12 performances are
co-presented by DanceCleveland.

The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from the Coventry Village Special
Improvement District, KeyBank, and Severance Town Center, will provide free
rides to and from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance and on=
hour after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music at Severance
Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights,
walk to the entrance of the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up.
[www.coventryvillage.org]

Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket
Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995
(please include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and
signature).  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also
available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone
216.241.5555 or 330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.

Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, Friends of Cain Park, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcar=
Honda/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.

Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the
nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between
Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free
and located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about al=
Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.

###
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY,  Public Relations and Marketing, or SUSAN
KENNEDY, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail
ksenia at clvhts.com.

--MS_Mac_OE_3174656219_426244_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Renowned Koresh Dance Company performs 8/11 & 12 at Cain Park</T=
ITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Times">       &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;       </FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>FOR=
 IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
             &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
            &nbs=
p;            &n=
bsp;            =
  </B>JULY 22, 2004<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H1>CAIN PARK presents<BR>
Koresh Dance Company<BR>
August 11-12<BR>
<BR>
</H1><FONT SIZE=3D"4">CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH =AD The world-renowned and Philadel=
phia-based <B>Koresh Dance Company</B> performs at Cain Park=B9s Evans Amphith=
eater on August 11 and 12.  They will perform a <I>Kidzart</I>  ch=
ildren=B9s concert on August 11 from 1-2 pm:  tickets for <I>Kidzart</I> =
are $3/child and $6/adult.  Tickets for the August 12 performance at 8 =
pm are $18/16/$14 in advance and $23/$21/$19 day of the show.<BR>
<BR>
Founded by Israeli-born choreographer and Artistic Director <B>Ronen Koresh=
</B>, Koresh Dance Company presents an exciting and emotional blend of balle=
t, modern and jazz molded into an explosive choreography style.  Koresh=
 founded the company in 1991 and opened his Company Studios in Philadelphia =
in 1993.  His unique style of contemporary dance is taught at the Kores=
h Dance Center and at Philadelphia=B9s University of the Arts, where he has be=
en a faculty member since 1986.  <BR>
<BR>
Koresh has studied with Martha Graham=B9s Bat Sheva Dance Company, Alvin Aile=
y American Dance Theater and Philadelphia=B9s Jazz Dance Company, Waves<I>. &n=
bsp;</I>His experience ranges from ballet residencies to teaching modern jaz=
z classes to setting choreography in the United States, Europe, Asia and the=
 Middle East.  <BR>
<BR>
Koresh Dance Company=B9s =B3in your face=B2 style keeps audiences on the edge of =
their seats, and the dancers=B9 intensity draws audience members into their fa=
ntastic dance realm.  Koresh continues to create two to three major new=
 works every year, and his repertoire now stands at over 40 pieces, all of w=
hich carry the stamp of intensity that embodies his work.  <BR>
<BR>
The August 12 program will include, the pieces <I>Twisted Pleasures</I>, <I=
>Living in East Podunk</I>, <I>Time Stand Still</I> and <I>Backtracks</I>. &=
nbsp;<I>Backtracks</I> directly correlates with Koresh=B9s own struggle and ac=
hievement as a choreographer.  Koresh Dance Company members are:  =
<B>Fang-Ju Chou, Amy Elfers, Sarah Irwin, Karen Keeler, Curtis Lassiter, Tra=
vis Mesman, Melissa Rector, Alexander E. Simon, Dougie Styles, and Janine Wa=
lter.  <BR>
</B></FONT><H3><BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Koresh Dance Company will also hold an Autograph Signin=
g and Question and Answer Session at <B>Borders Beachwood </B>on <B>Wednesda=
y, August 11 at 7 pm</B>, which is open to the public.  Melissa Rector,=
 a company member and Artistic Director, Ronen Koresh, will both be present =
for this session.  Please call Beachwood Borders at 216-292-2660 for mo=
re information.  <BR>
<BR>
For more information about Koresh Dance Company, visit their website at <U>=
www.koreshdance.org</U>.  Both the August 11 and August 12 performances=
 are co-presented by DanceCleveland.<BR>
<BR>
The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from the Coventry Village Special Imp=
rovement District, KeyBank, and Severance Town Center, will provide free rid=
es to and from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance and one ho=
ur after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music at Severanc=
e Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights=
, walk to the entrance of the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up. [www.cove=
ntryvillage.org] <BR>
<BR>
Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket Offi=
ce, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995 (please=
 include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and signature)=
.  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also availabl=
e at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone 216.241.5555 or =
330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.<BR>
<BR>
Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular Wirele=
ss, Friends of Cain Park, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Honda=
/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.  <BR>
<BR>
Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the=
 nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of Cleve=
land Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between Lee a=
nd South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free a=
nd located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about=
 all Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
###<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY,  Public Relations and Marketing, or SUS=
AN KENNEDY, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail ksenia at clvhts=
.com.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3174656219_426244_MIME_Part--