[NEohioPAL]updated info: Sweeney Todd auditions for teens at Stagecrafters

Bradley Wyner bwyner at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 4 19:06:43 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3177180403_85091_MIME_Part

(new info marked **)

>From the team that brought you
Les Mis=E9rables Student Edition last spring . . .

Stagecrafters Youth Theatre announces auditions for our Teen Musical:

Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Book by Hugh Wheeler            Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Based on a version of Sweeney Todd by Christopher Bond

Produced by Wendy Scott Koeth
Directed by Jamie Koeth
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner

Auditions will be held
Saturday, September 11 from
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
at the Pepper Pike Learning Center
32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike

Students from any school in grades 8-12 are eligible to audition.

**Please prepare a song cutting under 1 minute.  Bring sheet music.
Accompanist provided.

**Please bring a resume that includes your theatrical experience.  Headshot=
are welcome.=20

**Please bring your calendar with any conflicts you may have between now an=
the show dates.

**Callbacks, if needed, will be Monday and Tuesday, September 13 and 14, at
7:00 PM.

Sweeney Todd will perform December 9-12 in the Orange High School
Auditorium.  Rehearsals will generally be 2-4 evenings a week and may
include some Saturday afternoons.  All rehearsals and performances will tak=
place on the campus of the Orange Schools.

For more information, or to schedule an alternate audition time, please cal=
(216) 831-8601 extension 5103, or email Stagecrafters at orange.k12.oh.us.

Stagecrafters is a program of Orange Community Education and Recreation.
www.orangerec.com

from MTIshows.com:
The rare instance of a musical thriller, Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler=B9=
chilling, suspenseful, heart-pounding masterpiece of murderous barber-ism
and culinary crime tells the infamous tale of the unjustly exiled barber wh=
returns to 19th century London seeking revenge against the judge who framed
him. His thirst for blood soon expands to include his unfortunate customers=
,
and the resourceful proprietress of the pie shop downstairs soon has the
people of London lining up in droves with her mysterious new meat pie
recipe!

Sophisticated, macabre, visceral and uncompromising, Sweeney Todd
nevertheless has a great sense of fun, mixing intense drama with howlingly
funny moments of dark humor.=20

--MS_Mac_OE_3177180403_85091_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>updated info: Sweeney Todd auditions for teens at Stagecrafters</TIT=

</HEAD>
<BODY>
(new info marked **)<BR>
<BR>
>From the team that brought you <BR>
<I>Les Mis=E9rables Student Edition</I> last spring . . .<BR>
<BR>
Stagecrafters Youth Theatre announces auditions for our Teen Musical:<BR>
<BR>
<H2>Sweeney Todd<BR>
</H2><B>The Demon Barber of Fleet Street<BR>
</B><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1">Book by Hugh Wheeler       &nb=
sp;    Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim<BR>
Based on a version of <I>Sweeney Todd</I> by Christopher Bond<BR>
</FONT><BR>
Produced by Wendy Scott Koeth<BR>
Directed by Jamie Koeth<BR>
Musical Direction by Brad Wyner<BR>
<BR>
<H2>Auditions will be held <BR>
Saturday, September 11 from <BR>
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM<BR>
</H2><B>at the Pepper Pike Learning Center<BR>
32000 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike<BR>
</B><BR>
Students from any school in grades 8-12 are eligible to audition.<BR>
<BR>
**Please prepare a song cutting under 1 minute.  Bring sheet music. &n=
bsp;Accompanist provided.<BR>
<BR>
**Please bring a resume that includes your theatrical experience.  Hea=
dshots are welcome. <BR>
<BR>
**Please bring your calendar with any conflicts you may have between now an=
d the show dates.<BR>
<BR>
**Callbacks, if needed, will be Monday and Tuesday, September 13 and 14, at=
 7:00 PM.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Sweeney Todd</I></B> will perform December 9-12 in the Orange High Sc=
hool Auditorium.  Rehearsals will generally be 2-4 evenings a week and =
may include some Saturday afternoons.  All rehearsals and performances =
will take place on the campus of the Orange Schools.<BR>
<BR>
For more information, or to schedule an alternate audition time, please cal=
l (216) 831-8601 extension 5103, or email <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>Stagecraf=
ters at orange.k12.oh.us</U></FONT>.<BR>
<BR>
Stagecrafters is a program of Orange Community Education and Recreation.<BR=

www.orangerec.com<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
from MTIshows.com:<BR>
The rare instance of a musical thriller, Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler=B9=
s chilling, suspenseful, heart-pounding masterpiece of murderous barber-ism =
and culinary crime tells the infamous tale of the unjustly exiled barber who=
 returns to 19th century London seeking revenge against the judge who framed=
 him. His thirst for blood soon expands to include his unfortunate customers=
, and the resourceful proprietress of the pie shop downstairs soon has the p=
eople of London lining up in droves with her mysterious new meat pie recipe!=
<BR>
<BR>
Sophisticated, macabre, visceral and uncompromising, <I>Sweeney Todd</I> ne=
vertheless has a great sense of fun, mixing intense drama with howlingly fun=
ny moments of dark humor. <BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3177180403_85091_MIME_Part--