[NEohioPAL]re: content of neopal list

ASTORINO2669 at aol.com ASTORINO2669 at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 05:18:07 PDT 2004

--part1_ac.6241b5ec.2e783b7f_boundary

Dear Ms. Anelli,

the Gay Straight Alliance of Orange County High School being posted here on the
board list, I need to say that though I respect your opinion, I must strongly
disagree with your criticism.

I understand that this list is primarily for auditions, but I also believe it
is a community listing for anything that might be of interest to artists. Not
just one area of the arts but all encompassing. This means that you will see
listings for gallery openings, classes, etc.

I myself was quite happy to see the listing for the Alliance group and
answered the posting immediately. There was a reason this person posted on the
board. They are reaching out to the Northeast Ohio arts community to see if there
is support and someone who might be of help to them.  As an artist, and not
just a gay artist, I am very pleased to try to lend my help in anyway I can to
young adults looking for guidance. Whether this be, teaching a class, helping
backstage of a highschool production, directing as I have in the past, or
yes...by speaking at an organization such as the Gay Straight Alliance of Orange
High School.

I am sorry that you feel the way you do Ms. Anelli, but if you chose to
simply read the "audition" side of the Neohiopal list, you are missing a great deal
more of what our community has to offer.

Respectfully,

Denise Astorino
Wild Plum Productions
LGBT cultural arts organization

--part1_ac.6241b5ec.2e783b7f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=3D2 P=
TSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Dear Ms.</FONT><FO=
NT  COLOR=3D"#800080" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" S=
IZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Times New Roman" LANG=3D"0"><B>=
 </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#800080" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=
 #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0=
"></B>Anelli,<BR>
<BR>
the Gay Straight Alliance of Orange County High School being posted here on=20=
the board list, I need to say that though I respect your opinion, I must str=
ongly disagree with your criticism. <BR>
<BR>
I understand that this list is primarily for auditions, but I also believe i=
t is a community listing for anything that might be of interest to artists.=20=
Not just one area of the arts but all encompassing. This means that you will=
 see listings for gallery openings, classes, etc. <BR>
<BR>
I myself was quite happy to see the listing for the Alliance group and answe=
red the posting immediately. There was a reason this person posted on the bo=
ard. They are reaching out to the Northeast Ohio arts community to see if th=
ere is support and someone who might be of help to them.  As an artist,=
 and not just a gay artist, I am very pleased to try to lend my help in anyw=
ay I can to young adults looking for guidance. Whether this be, teaching a c=
lass, helping backstage of a highschool production, directing as I have in t=
he past, or yes...by speaking at an organization such as the Gay Straight Al=
liance of Orange High School.<BR>
<BR>
I am sorry that you feel the way you do Ms. Anelli, but if you chose to simp=
ly read the "audition" side of the Neohiopal list, you are missing a great d=
eal more of what our community has to offer.<BR>
<BR>
Respectfully,<BR>
<BR>
Denise Astorino<BR>
Wild Plum Productions<BR>
LGBT cultural arts organization</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffff=
ff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSS=
ERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>