[NEohioPAL]content of neohio list

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 21:15:56 PDT 2004

--0-2062313759-1095135356=:6432

Dear Ms. Anelli,
I too am impressed with what I affectionately call; 'the fred-web'. (Indeed, I believe old Fred should be acknowledged in the press at some point for this INVALUABLE community service to us all.)
 And while Neohiopal means different things to different people, it's main function to me is as our communities' bulletin board. Community is a big word that encompasses a great many people. You may have noticed that there hasn't been ANY political notices of any kind. I suspect many of our 'community' would speak in one primary voice, if it could. Yet, that is not what Neohiopal advocates.
I believe in the philosophy: " a gig is a gig". If you are not interested in the 'gig' delete it. Ms. Anelli, there are audition notices for black actors, asian actors, young actors and people to sing with the North Coast Gay Men's Chorus. I don't know if the North Coast Gay Men's Chorus would hire a straight man. I suspect if you were a good enough singer (those guys are great by the way), and you were male, they would hire you. And while I couldn't audition for the black or the asian or the youth role, I do suspect I could speak to that group in Orange. I am a straight theatre teacher at a college. I have worked with young people for thirty five years. Some were gay and some were not gay. I know how to speak to kids however. If I had time I thought about volunteering.
My point is I don't think that advertisment was for a cause. It was for a gig. As an artist, all my shows are causes.
Be well,

Martin Friedman, Ph.D.

Andrea Anelli <andreajanelli at yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Mr.Sternfeld,
       I was originally very impressed with the neohio Pal list.  It was an important source for auditin notices.However, I've been frustrated with all the "filler"; most recently, the Sept.10 notice looking for a speaker for a new club at Orange High School called the Gay-Straight Alliance.What does this have to do with theatre?  I'm well aware of the diversity within the arts community, but I don't believe your list needs to be the"bulletin board" for this cause.  Can we stick to notices involving acting jobs?  I for one, would really appreciate it.
                           Sincerely,
                            Andrea Anelli

--0-2062313759-1095135356=:6432

<DIV>Dear Ms. Anelli,</DIV>
<DIV>I too am impressed with what I affectionately call; 'the fred-web'. (Indeed, I believe old Fred should be acknowledged in the press at some point for this INVALUABLE community service to us all.)</DIV>
<DIV> And while Neohiopal means different things to different people, it's main function to me is as our communities' bulletin board. Community is a big word that encompasses a great many people. You may have noticed that there hasn't been ANY political notices of any kind. I suspect many of our 'community' would speak in one primary voice, if it could. Yet, that is not what Neohiopal advocates. </DIV>
<DIV>I believe in the philosophy: " a gig is a gig". If you are not interested in the 'gig' delete it. Ms. Anelli, there are audition notices for black actors, asian actors, young actors and people to sing with the North Coast Gay Men's Chorus. I don't know if the North Coast Gay Men's Chorus would hire a straight man. I suspect if you were a good enough singer (those guys are great by the way), and you were male, they would hire you. And while I couldn't audition for the black or the asian or the youth role, I do suspect I could speak to that group in Orange. I am a straight theatre teacher at a college. I have worked with young people for thirty five years. Some were gay and some were not gay. I know how to speak to kids however. If I had time I thought about volunteering. </DIV>
<DIV>My point is I don't think that advertisment was for a cause. It was for a gig. As an artist, all my shows are causes. </DIV>
<DIV>Be well,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Martin Friedman, Ph.D.<BR><BR><B><I>Andrea Anelli <andreajanelli at yahoo.com></I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Dear Mr.Sternfeld, </DIV>
<DIV>       I was originally very impressed with the neohio Pal list.  It was an important source for auditin notices.However, I've been frustrated with all the "filler"; most recently, the Sept.10 notice looking for a speaker for a new club at Orange High School called the Gay-Straight Alliance.What does this have to do with theatre?  I'm well aware of the diversity within the arts community, but I don't believe your list needs to be the"bulletin board" for this cause.  Can we stick to notices involving acting jobs?  I for one, would really appreciate it. </DIV>
<DIV>                           Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>                            Andrea Anelli</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/mobile/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo">Take Yahoo! Mail with you!</A> Get it on your mobile phone.</BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>