[NEohioPAL]content of neohio list

Evie Morris bachtobroadway42 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 14 09:23:09 PDT 2004

--0-1602536642-1095178989=:69570

Dear Ms. Anelli,
  The artistic community that is served by NEOHIOPAL is, by it's very nature, going to encompass and reflect a broad spectrum of people.The list has had many postings that are not directly related to theatre or performance gigs, all at the discretion of the List Administrator.
    There are countless young people in our community who are in need of support or acceptance during a time of their development that is usually complex and often difficult in terms of peer pressure and social pressure.It takes a tremendous amount of courage for a teenager to take the initiative in offering a safe harbor such as the Gay-Straight Alliance in any school environment. That safe harbor, in terms of self-expression and self-acceptance, can be the alternative for some young people to depression, drugs, alcohol, and self-harm.
    As with any posting that a reader finds annoying, irrelevent, or not to their liking, one can easily choose to delete it, thereby exercising personal choice over cenorship.

                                                         Evie Morris

Andrea Anelli <andreajanelli at yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Mr.Sternfeld,
       I was originally very impressed with the neohio Pal list.  It was an important source for auditin notices.However, I've been frustrated with all the "filler"; most recently, the Sept.10 notice looking for a speaker for a new club at Orange High School called the Gay-Straight Alliance.What does this have to do with theatre?  I'm well aware of the diversity within the arts community, but I don't believe your list needs to be the"bulletin board" for this cause.  Can we stick to notices involving acting jobs?  I for one, would really appreciate it.
                           Sincerely,
                            Andrea Anelli

--0-1602536642-1095178989=:69570

<DIV>
<DIV>Dear Ms. Anelli,</DIV>
<DIV>  The artistic community that is served by NEOHIOPAL is, by it's very nature, going to encompass and reflect a broad spectrum of people.The list has had many postings that are not directly related to theatre or performance gigs, all at the discretion of the List Administrator. </DIV>
<DIV>    There are countless young people in our community who are in need of support or acceptance during a time of their development that is usually complex and often difficult in terms of peer pressure and social pressure.It takes a tremendous amount of courage for a teenager to take the initiative in offering a safe harbor such as the Gay-Straight Alliance in any school environment. That safe harbor, in terms of self-expression and self-acceptance, can be the alternative for some young people to depression, drugs, alcohol, and self-harm. </DIV>
<DIV>    As with any posting that a reader finds annoying, irrelevent, or not to their liking, one can easily choose to delete it, thereby exercising personal choice over cenorship.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>                                                         Evie Morris</DIV>
<DIV>                                             </DIV>
<DIV>    </DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Andrea Anelli <andreajanelli at yahoo.com></I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Dear Mr.Sternfeld, </DIV>
<DIV>       I was originally very impressed with the neohio Pal list.  It was an important source for auditin notices.However, I've been frustrated with all the "filler"; most recently, the Sept.10 notice looking for a speaker for a new club at Orange High School called the Gay-Straight Alliance.What does this have to do with theatre?  I'm well aware of the diversity within the arts community, but I don't believe your list needs to be the"bulletin board" for this cause.  Can we stick to notices involving acting jobs?  I for one, would really appreciate it. </DIV>
<DIV>                           Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>                            Andrea Anelli</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/mobile/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo">Take Yahoo! Mail with you!</A> Get it on your mobile phone.</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
--0-1602536642-1095178989=:69570--