[NEohioPAL]AFTRA CONSERVATORY

Cathy Albers cla2 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Sep 23 10:04:36 PDT 2004

--Apple-Mail-236--459723913

								ATTENTION ALL AFTRA MEMBERS!!!!
										JOIN NOW!

Starting October 18, 2004, the AFTRA Conservatory will offer a full
season of classes and workshops.  We begin in October with the first of
our HOT PIZZA/COLD READING nights.  These nights will be from
6:30-9:00.  This means you RSVP and we provide free pizza and drink for
all who attend.  We then have the opportunity to practice our cold
reading skills and be critiqued by an "expert".  This is all
non-judgmental and simply a way for all of us to get better at what we
do! These sessions are great fun and are for all members, from the
newest to the most experienced.  The first session will focus on the
various voice markets.  This will be held at the AFTRA office.  Please
RSVP as soon as possible!  Karen Fields will be our expert!

On November 15, we'll host MEET THE AGENTS Night and have a chance to
ask questions and to learn more about what agents can do for us and how
we help them to help us nail those auditions and get the jobs! The
location is TBA.

We'll take December off but start up again in January with another
night of HOT PIZZA/COLD READINGS, this time with the focus on on-camera
work.  We'll have another pro to help us out. We will meet at the AFTRA
office.

In February, we plan to have a BUSINESS OF THE BUSINESS session, with
helpful tax tips, marketing skills and much more!  This meeting is
tentatively planned for the AFTRA office, depending on the number
attending.

March is the annual meeting month so we'll skip that one and in April
have a HOT PIZZA/COLD READINGS session that focuses on cold readings
for the theatrical audition.  This will be at the AFTRA office.

And we close out the year in May with a night of MEET THE CASTING
DIRECTORS. The location is TBA.

All in all, a very full year!  And we have added a new twist this year.
  You can become a conservatory member by paying a $20. fee.  That
relatively small fee entitles you to attend ALL EVENTS all year!  For
Aftrans who don't join the Conservatory, the HP/CR nights will have a
$3.00 charge and the other events will have a $10. fee.  For those who
don't belong to AFTRA, the only events to which we will open up
reservations will be for Meet the Agents, Business of the Business, and
Meet the Casting Directors.  Each of those events then have a $20. fee.

For those who want to join and become a Conservatory member, make the
check out to AFTRA and send it to Cathy Nowlin at the AFTRA office,
with the notation that it is for the Conservatory.  Those who wish to
pay at the first event, the HOT PIZZA/COLD READING on Oct. 18, can do
so with cash or check.

The FLOC board is very excited about this new season of workshops and
hopes to see you all there!  If you have any questions or comments,
please direct them to Cathy Albers or Nancy Telzerow, Conservatory
Co-Directors.  We can be reached at cla2 at case.edu or NTorq at aol.com.
See you on October 18!

--Apple-Mail-236--459723913

							<bold>	ATTENTION ALL AFTRA MEMBERS!!!!

										JOIN NOW!</bold>

Starting <bold>October 18</bold>, 2004, the AFTRA Conservatory will
offer a full season of classes and workshops.  We begin in October
with the first of our <bold>HOT PIZZA/COLD READING</bold> nights.
These nights will be from 6:30-9:00.  This means you RSVP and we
provide free pizza and drink for all who attend.  We then have the
opportunity to practice our cold reading skills and be critiqued by an
"expert".  This is all non-judgmental and simply a way for all of us
to get better at what we do! These sessions are great fun and are for
all members, from the newest to the most experienced.  The first
session will focus on the various voice markets.  This will be held at
the AFTRA office.  Please RSVP as soon as possible!  Karen Fields will
be our expert!

Night and have a chance to ask questions and to learn more about what
agents can do for us and how we help them to help us nail those
auditions and get the jobs! The location is TBA.

We'll take December off but start up again in <bold>January
this time with the focus on on-camera work.  We'll have another pro to
help us out. We will meet at the AFTRA office.

BUSINESS</bold> session, with helpful tax tips, marketing skills and
much more!  This meeting is tentatively planned for the AFTRA office,
depending on the number attending.

March is the annual meeting month so we'll skip that one and in
that focuses on cold readings for the theatrical audition.  This will
be at the AFTRA office.

And we close out the year in <bold>May</bold> with a night of
<bold>MEET THE CASTING DIRECTORS</bold>. The location is TBA.

All in all, a very full year!  And we have added a new twist this
year.  You can become a <bold>conservatory membe</bold>r by paying a
$20. fee.  That relatively small fee entitles you to attend <bold>ALL
[...]

or
See you on October 18!

--Apple-Mail-236--459723913--