[NEohioPAL]Pan African Open House/ Wed. Sept. 29, 5:15-9pm.

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Thu Sep 23 17:24:23 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3178815863_245894_MIME_Part

Greetings,

WHO:  Pan African Studies Department, Kent State University

WHAT:  Open House, 35th Anniversary of the Pan African Program

-African and Native American Drumming
-Libation
-Music Performance by Pianist and Composer Eric Gould

WHERE:  Oscar Ritchie Hall, Terrace Drive, KSU Main Campus

WHEN:  Wednesday, September 29, 5:15-9pm

COST:  Free

INFO:  330-672-2300 or mokantah at kent.edu.

NEWS FROM THE CENTER OF PAN-AFRICAN CULTURE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Because of all of the work that has been done in the Center over the course
of the summer, The Department of Pan-African Studies and the Center of
Pan-African Culture is proud to announce an Open House to be held Wednesday=
,
September 29, 2004 from
5:30 to 9:00pm in Oscar Ritchie Hall.  This event will begin with a Drum
Call featuring Native American and African drummers and a Libation at 5:15p=
in front of the building.  There will be a reception in the Uumbaji Gallery
featuring Cleveland-based pianist and composer Eric Gould from 5:30 to
6:30pm.   The evening=B9s program will begin at 7:00pm with statements from
the Chair of PAS and the Directors of the Center of Pan-African Culture, th=
Institute of African American Affairs, the African Community Theatre, the
Uumbaji Gallery and the Communication Skills & Arts Program.

Join as we begin a year long celebration of the 35th anniversary of the
program.  Meet the PAS family including current faculty and staff.  Tour th=
facility and meet our student groups, including Black United Students,
Harambee, Black Graduate Student Association, Black & Latino Greek Council,
Voices of Testimony, Native American Student Association, Spanish & Latino
Student Association, Kent African Student Association, UHURU, and the
National Association of Black Journalists=8BKSU Chapter.  Members of the
Pan-African Faculty & Staff Association will also be on hand.

For more detailed information about the Open House, please call CPAC at
330-672-2300 or send e-mails to: mokantah at kent.edu.

See you there!

Jeff Ingram/Executive Director
Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
info at standingrock.net

--MS_Mac_OE_3178815863_245894_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Pan African Open House/ Wed. Sept. 29, 5:15-9pm.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><B>WHO:  </B></FONT></FONT=
><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><B>Pan African Studies Department, Kent State =
University<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5">WHAT:  </FONT>Open House, 35th Anniversary of the Pan A=
frican Program<BR>
 <BR>
-African and Native American Drumming<BR>
-Libation<BR>
-Music Performance by Pianist and Composer Eric Gould<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5">WHERE:  </FONT>Oscar Ritchie Hall, Terrace Drive, KSU M=
ain Campus<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5">WHEN:</FONT>  Wednesday, September 29, 5:15-9pm<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5">COST:  </FONT>Free<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5">INFO:  </FONT>330-672-2300 or <U>mokantah at kent.edu</U>.=
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
NEWS FROM THE CENTER OF PAN-AFRICAN CULTURE<BR>
<BR>
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:<BR>
<BR>
</B>Because of all of the work that has been done in the Center over the co=
urse of the summer, The Department of Pan-African Studies and the Center of =
Pan-African Culture is proud to announce an <B>Open House</B> to be held Wed=
nesday, September 29, 2004 from<BR>
5:30 to 9:00pm in Oscar Ritchie Hall.  This event will begin with a Dr=
um Call featuring Native American and African drummers and a Libation at 5:1=
5pm in front of the building.  There will be a reception in the Uumbaji=
 Gallery featuring Cleveland-based pianist and composer Eric Gould from 5:30=
 to 6:30pm.   The evening=B9s program will begin at 7:00pm with stat=
ements from the Chair of PAS and the Directors of the Center of Pan-African =
Culture, the Institute of African American Affairs, the African Community Th=
eatre, the Uumbaji Gallery and the Communication Skills & Arts Program.<=

<BR>
Join as we begin a year long celebration of the 35th anniversary of the pro=
gram.  Meet the PAS family including current faculty and staff.  T=
our the facility and meet our student groups, including Black United Student=
s, Harambee, Black Graduate Student Association, Black & Latino Greek Co=
uncil, Voices of Testimony, Native American Student Association, Spanish &am=
p; Latino Student Association, Kent African Student Association, UHURU, and =
the National Association of Black Journalists=8BKSU Chapter.  Members of =
the Pan-African Faculty & Staff Association will also be on hand.<BR>
<BR>
For more detailed information about the Open House, please call CPAC at 330=
-672-2300 or send e-mails to: <U>mokantah at kent.edu</U>.<BR>
<BR>
<B>See you there!<BR>
<BR>
</B></FONT><B>Jeff Ingram/Executive Director<BR>
Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>info at standingrock.net</U></FONT></B><FONT FACE=3D"Ti=
mes New Roman"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3178815863_245894_MIME_Part--