[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas Marci.Janas at oberlin.edu
Fri Sep 24 12:54:52 PDT 2004

--Boundary_(ID_86YvKqqHyOfOso7VzrYBVQ)

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you. Do not
reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.
Hello everyone,

Here is your digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory of
Music.

Please visit our web site to read about the extraordinary performance
students in Oberlin's Contemporary Music Ensemble gave last spring at
Carnegie Hall:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con

Please visit our electronic calendar of events for concert and recital
listings, and mark your calendars for these FREE events coming up this
week:

Sunday, September 26, 8 p.m.
Kulas Recital Hall
FACULTY RECITAL
  Kyung-Sun Lee, violin
  David Breitman, piano
The three sonatas of Johannes Brahms

Tuesday, September 28, 8 p.m.
Warner Concert Hall

ConText PERFORMERS COLLECTIVE
SYLVIA SMITH, percussion, voice, xylophone
AYANO KATAOKA, percussion, vibraphone, voice

THE PERCUSSION/THEATER MUSIC OF STUART SAUNDERS SMITH

When Music is Missing, Music Sings
Return and Recall
The Xylophone Poems
Thinking About Anne Sexton
Hearing Links (text by Sylvia Smith)
Links No. 10
Family Portraits
? and Points North

Thursday, September 30, 8 p.m.
Finney Chapel

THE OBERLIN ORCHESTRA
  Timothy Weiss, conductor
  Works by John Adams, Stephen Jaffe and Bartok
  Violinist and Oberlin faculty member Gregory Fulkerson is featured in
  Stephen Jaffe's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra

I hope this information proves useful as you plan your stories and
programs. If I might be of assistance, please let me know.

Warm regards,

Marci Janas

Marci Janas
Director of Conservatory Media Relations
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
39 West College Street
Oberlin, OH 44074
Tel: 440-775-8328
Fax: 440-775-5457
marci.janas at oberlin.edu
www.oberlin.edu/con

--Boundary_(ID_86YvKqqHyOfOso7VzrYBVQ)

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you.
Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.

Here is your digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory of Music.

Please visit our web site to read about the extraordinary performance students in Oberlin's Contemporary Music Ensemble gave last spring at Carnegie Hall:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con

Please visit our electronic calendar of events for concert and recital listings, and mark your calendars for these<italic> </italic>FREE events coming up this week:

Sunday, September 26, 8 p.m.

Kulas Recital Hall

FACULTY RECITAL

  Kyung-Sun Lee, <italic>violin</italic>

  David Breitman, <italic>piano</italic>

<italic>The three sonatas of Johannes Brahms

</italic>

<bold>Tuesday, September 28, 8 p.m.

</bold>Warner Concert Hall

ConText PERFORMERS COLLECTIVE

SYLVIA SMITH, <italic>percussion, voice, xylophone</italic>

AYANO KATAOKA, <italic>percussion, vibraphone, voice</italic>

THE PERCUSSION/THEATER MUSIC OF STUART SAUNDERS SMITH

<italic>When Music is Missing, Music Sings

Return and Recall

The Xylophone Poems</italic>

<italic>Thinking About Anne Sexton

Hearing Links (text by Sylvia Smith)

Links No. 10

Family Portraits

? and Points North

Finney Chapel

THE OBERLIN ORCHESTRA

  Violinist and Oberlin faculty member Gregory Fulkerson is featured in

  Stephen Jaffe's <italic>Concerto for Violin and Orchestra</italic>

marci.janas at oberlin.edu

www.oberlin.edu/con</flushleft></fontfamily>

--Boundary_(ID_86YvKqqHyOfOso7VzrYBVQ)--