[NEohioPAL]The story behind "Break a leg"?

Bryan Bird birdman at mac.com
Fri Oct 8 10:45:08 PDT 2004

------=_Part_339_16416846.1097257508760

After a bit of Googling, I found a few sites that give various folkloric origins for the phrase "break a leg." Seems there's no clear answer.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbreakleg.html

http://www.wordorigins.org/wordorb.htm#breakleg

http://www.theatrecrafts.com/glossary/pages/morebreakaleg.html

-Bryan

On Friday, October 08, 2004, at 12:56PM, Ron Dauphin <rondauphin at hotmail.com> wrote:

><<Original Attached>>

------=_Part_339_16416846.1097257508760

<P><FONT size=3>Can anyone enlighten me about the orgins of these?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3>To my fellow cast members in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at Olde Towne Hall Theatre in North Ridgeville..."break a leg" and "merde" for tonight's opening!</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3>Ron Dauphin</FONT></P>
<P><BR><BR><BR> </P>