[NEohioPAL]Re: Break A Leg

Eric Oswald eoswaldbigred at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 16:01:30 PDT 2004

I have never heard so many different explanations for
"Break A Leg."  I have only been in Cleveland for 10
years.  My first experience with theater was where I
was born and raised - in L.A.  And in my 20 years of
doing theater out there, the only explanation anyone
has ever given is simply that if a performer were to
break their leg, they would get a lot more publicity
out of it than for their performance alone.  No one
ever agreed on the origin, other than some vague story
of an unknown chorus girl who got huge publicity when
she broke her leg during a performance, yet somehow
finished the show.