[NEohioPAL]Stonewall Jackson's House at Karamu Second Week

Vivian Wilson vwilson at karamu.com
Wed Nov 3 10:33:26 PST 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C4C1A9.B2AE07C0

Karamu gets crazy with irreverent comedy. Think of the United States as =
one big, rambling house, and Americans as the extended family that lives =
there - black, white, Hispanic, Arab, Jew, Christian, atheist. So why =
can't we all just get along?  The answer to Rodney King's plaintive =
query, according to playwright Jonathan Reynolds, is deliciously =
excoriating, hilariously emphatic and corrosively hysterical. "Because! =
Hating each other is a lot more fun!"=20

Stonewall Jackson's House" will have an effect of one kind or another. =
It may make you mad as hell. It may make you laugh like hell. Or it may =
make you both like hell. But it will sure as hell not leave you bored.  =
Tony Brown (Cleveland Plain Dealer)

                                     STONEWALL JACKSON'S HOUSE

by Jonathan Reynolds

Lawanda, a woebegone black guide leading a group through the haphazardly =
restored home of the Confederate general suddenly stops the tour to ask =
a well-to-do white couple from Ohio if she can come home with them, as =
their slave. That is where the twists and turns begin in this wild =
comedy. (Discretion is Advised).

Director: Hassan Rogers

October 29, 2004 - November 21, 2004 Arena Theater=20

Thurs, Fri, Sat, at 8:00 PM and Sun at 3:00 PM=20
Ticket Prices: Thurs., $8, Fri., $12, Sat., $14, Sun., $10

Also,  Karamu honors members of AEA (Actors Equity Association), TCG =
(Theatre Communications Group) , The Drama League,  The Dramatist Guild =
of America, and CTC (Cleveland Theatre Collective) with discount tickets =
for mainstage plays on Friday, Saturday and Sundays.  Members must =
present their membership cards to receive the discount offer.

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C4C1A9.B2AE07C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P><EM>Karamu gets crazy with irreverent comedy. </EM><EM>Think of the =
United=20
States as one big, rambling house, and Americans as the extended family =
that=20
lives there - black, white, Hispanic, Arab, Jew, Christian, atheist. So =
why=20
can't we all just get along?  </EM><EM>The answer to Rodney King's=20
plaintive query, according to playwright Jonathan Reynolds, is =
deliciously=20
excoriating, hilariously emphatic and corrosively hysterical. =
</EM><EM>"Because!=20
Hating each other is a lot more fun!" </EM></P>
<P><EM>Stonewall Jackson's House" will have an effect of one kind or =
another. It=20
may make you mad as hell. It may make you laugh like hell. Or it may =
make you=20
both like hell. But it will sure as hell not leave you bored.  =
</EM>Tony=20
Brown (Cleveland Plain Dealer)</P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"=20
size=3D3>          &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;            =
 =20
STONEWALL JACKSON'S HOUSE</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" =
size=3D2>by Jonathan=20
Reynolds</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" =
size=3D3>Lawanda, a=20
woebegone black guide leading a group through the haphazardly restored =
home of=20
the Confederate general suddenly stops the tour to ask a well-to-do =
white couple=20
from Ohio if she can come home with them, as their slave. That is where =
the=20
twists and turns begin in this wild comedy. (Discretion is =
Advised).</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" =
size=3D3>Director: Hassan=20
Rogers</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" =
size=3D3>October 29, 2004=20
- November 21, 2004 Arena Theater </FONT></P>
<P align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" =
size=3D3><I>Thurs, Fri,=20
Sat</I>, at 8:00 PM and <I>Sun</I> at 3:00 PM <BR><U>Ticket Prices</U>:=20
<I>Thurs., </I>$8,<I> Fri., $</I>12<I>, Sat., $14, Sun., =
</I>$10</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dleft>Also,  Karamu honors members of AEA (Actors =
Equity=20
Association), TCG (Theatre Communications Group) , The Drama=20
League,  The Dramatist Guild of America, and CTC =
(Cleveland=20
Theatre Collective) with discount tickets for mainstage plays on Friday, =

Saturday and Sundays.  Members must present their membership cards =
to=20
receive the discount offer.</P></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C4C1A9.B2AE07C0--