[NEohioPAL]Marianne Willliamson, Important Words at Time of Mourning: Let our Light Shine!

Debra Wiener debrawiener at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 06:22:50 PST 2004

Marianne, a world famous author and lecturer, particularly about
spirituality and world peace, reminds us of who we are with the following:

Dear Friends,

I know many of your are in mourning now, feeling the tremendous loss of hope
that this election would herald a new beginning for America. I feel it too.

But as John Edwards said, this is not just an end, it is a beginning. And I
believe it. On the other side of our grief lies a new conviction. Having
been slammed by this experience, we can ultimately rise up more brightly
because of it. That is still our choice.

Among other things, you can come to the Peace Alliance conference this
coming weekend in Berkeley, California. Dennis Kucinich, Marshall Rosenberg,
myself and others will take the conversation past our sorrow to our still
shining vision -- of a new and revitalized America, and a new and better
world. For many of you, Berkeley is way more than a hop, skip and ajump, of
course. But still, log on to www.dopcampaign.org for the lastest news on the
Peace Alliance and what it's about.

In our own little corner of the world, don't forget that my new book, THE
GIFT OF CHANGE, comes out next week, you'll also be seeing the announcment
for a fantastic new project called The Miracle Matrix. All of us need to
move forward -- now more than ever -- in the giving of our own gifts. We are
in the process of a historic transformation, and while to many of us this is
a tough moment, it's also one in which we are moving toward the
manifestation of our better selves. And in that, lies hope for mankind.

With love,

Marianne

Please read on:

Here is her very famous quote that I wish to share with all you at this sad
time, but out of every loss, there is an opportunity.  I-Ching.

"...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that
we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most
frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened
about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are
all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory
of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And
as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission
to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates others."

~ From A RETURN TO LOVE by Marianne Williamson
© 1992 (Paperback; pp 190-191)

Debra Wiener