[NEohioPAL]Final performances of convergence-continuum's Words & Weirds this weekend

Clyde Simon clydesimon at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 15 20:11:51 PST 2004

--0-1422996657-1100578311=:49838

FINAL WEEKEND FOR CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM’S WORDS & WEIRDS: A CONVERGENCE OF TWO ONE-ACTS
THIS THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY AT 8 PM.

convergence-continuum’s final production of the 2004 season, Words & Weirds, closes this week.  It is an evening of two one-act plays -- Joyce Carol Oates’ Tone Clusters and Mac Wellman’s Whirligig.

In Tone Clusters the stressed-out  parents of a suburban kid accused of a brutal crime are subjected to a menacing TV interview, resulting in a drama that is “moody, often strangely funny...eerily reticent but starkly revealing.”  The “video-enhanced production further sharpens Oates’ searing critique.” (Tony Brown, The Plain Dealer)

Whirligig follows the misadventures of a bratty punkster chick when she encounters a weird intergalactic traveler in a midwestern bus station.   “The company aces the brazen theatricality...Everyone’s a hoot.” (Linda Eisenstein, CoolCleveland.com)

Words & Weirds runs Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:00 pm through November 20 at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd in Cleveland's historic Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $12 general admission, $9 for students and seniors.  For reservations call 216-687-0074 or visit http://www.convergence-continuum.org.

--0-1422996657-1100578311=:49838

<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Verdana>FINAL WEEKEND FOR CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM’S </FONT></STRONG><FONT face=Verdana><STRONG><EM>WORDS & WEIRDS: A CONVERGENCE OF TWO ONE-ACTS  </EM></STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Verdana><STRONG>THIS THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY AT 8 PM.</DIV>
<DIV><BR></STRONG>convergence-continuum’s final production of the 2004 season, <EM>Words & Weirds,</EM> closes this week.  It is an evening of two one-act plays -- Joyce Carol Oates’ <I>Tone Clusters </I>and Mac Wellman’s <I>Whirligig.</I> <BR><BR>In <I>Tone Clusters</I> the stressed-out  parents of a suburban kid accused of a brutal crime are subjected to a menacing TV interview, resulting in a drama that is “moody, often strangely funny...eerily reticent but starkly revealing.”  The “video-enhanced production further sharpens Oates’ searing critique.” (Tony Brown, <I>The Plain Dealer</I>)    <BR><BR><I>Whirligig </I>follows the misadventures of a bratty punkster chick when she encounters a weird intergalactic traveler in a midwestern bus station.   “The company aces the brazen theatricality...Everyone’s a hoot.” (Linda Eisenstein, <I>CoolCleveland.com</I>) <BR><BR><I>Words & Weirds</I> runs Thursday, Friday and Saturday at
 8:00 pm through November 20 at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd in Cleveland's historic Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $12 general admission, $9 for students and seniors.  For reservations call 216-687-0074 or visit <A href="http://www.convergence-continuum.org">http://www.convergence-continuum.org</A>.</FONT></DIV></XBODY><!-- END TOC -->
--0-1422996657-1100578311=:49838--