[NEohioPAL]SCA Theater Programs for Children!!

Megan Brack mbrack at solonohio.org
Thu Dec 16 11:51:07 PST 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 16, 2004

Contact:	                Karen Prasser
		Executive Director
		Solon Center for the Arts
		440.337.1403
		kprasser at solonohio.org=20

SOLON CENTER FOR THE ARTS ANNOUNCES NEW THEATER CLASSES FOR KIDS

Solon Center for the Arts is pleased to announce 3 new theater classes, =
Creative Drama I, Creative Drama II and Stories on Stage!

Students grades 1-2 are invited to join our Creative Drama I class on =
Mondays from 4:00 - 5:00 pm, January 10 - April 4! Through creative =
structured play, young students will be encouraged to develop a short =
theater piece, demonstrating the skills they have learned. Skills include =
movement, rhythm, learning and reciting lines and working in a group. The =
final class culminates in a presentation for family and friends. Tuition =
for the class is $70.00. Creative Drama II, also for students grades 1-2, =
is a more advanced class that will explore additional techniques for =
theater students. Children are admitted by permission of SCA Youth Theater =
Education Staff. This class meets Wednesdays from 4:00 - 5:00 pm, January =
12 - March 16 and tuition is $70.00.

For our older students, grades 3-6, we offer Stories on Stage, Mondays =
from 6:00 - 7:30 pm, January 10 - April 4. This session will bring to life =
the favorite story of =93Mrs. Piggle Wiggle=92s Magic.=94 In this class, =
children will create a dramatization of this hilarious and imaginative =
book written by Betty MacDonald. Parents are sure to love the performance =
as the incomparable Mrs. Piggle Wiggle will have the most positive cures =
for any child=92s bad-habit=85such as the Bad-Table Manners Cure and the =
Never-Want-to-Go-to-Schooler. Students are asked to purchase =93Mrs. =
Piggle Wiggle=92s Magic=94 prior to the beginning of the session, read it, =
 and bring it to class. There will be 2 performances, one at SCA and one =
at Chagrin Falls Library. Performances will be geared for families and =
elementary school audiences. Tuition for this class is $105.00. For a more =
detailed rehearsal schedule, please call 440.337.1400 or stop by the =
Center to pick up a flyer and a copy of the Winter Catalogue!

Solon Center for the Arts is located at 6315 SOM Center Road.  For more =
information on these or any other classes in art, music, theater and =
dance, call 440.337.1400.

####

Megan Brack
Solon Center for the Arts=20