[NEohioPAL]FREE SHOWS for helping at Cleveland Public Theatre

Eric Unhold levinassistant at cptonline.org
Mon Jan 3 14:13:13 PST 2005

CPT needs volunteer ushers THIS WEEKEND for the Big [BOX] series' production
of Mo Pas Connin - or Torment: A solo piece written and performed by Nina
Domingue; directed by Hassan Rogers (see descriptions below).

You can check out more about this and other shows at www.cptonline.org.
We'll also need ushers for the rest of the Big [BOX] series as well as the
remainder of CPT's season.

Please also bring friends to usher & see free theater.  We ask that you're
here an hour & 15 min. beforehand.  Even if you can't stay but give just the
pre-show time, we'd really appreciate the help.  Performances are in the
James Levin Theatre (upstairs), 6415 Detroit Ave.

Dates & showtimes:
Fri. 1/7 8:00
Sat. 1/8 8:00
Sun. 1/9 3:00

PLEASE consider volunteering-- good theater experience, fun, and FREE!  Call
ANYTIME-- voice mail is fine, too.   Thank you so much!

Eric Unhold
Volunteer Coordinator
Cleveland Public Theatre
levinassistant at cptonline.org
216-631-2727 x212

Mo Pas Connin - or Torment, set in the balmy summer heat of New Orleans,
tells the story of Miriam Waters, a 65 year-old inactive priestess of the
goddess Mami Wata.  Miriam receives orders from her higher power to
reconcile with her family or they will be lost.  Will the torment end?

Nina Domingue (Playwright and Performer) is a native New Orleanian.  She was
last seen on the CPT stage in "Nickel and Dimed", "Uncle Tom's Cabin", and
"Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge".  She recently performed in
Karamu House’s "For Colored Girls".

Hassan Rogers (Director) recently directed "Stonewall Jackson’s House" and
"No Niggers, No Jews, No Dogs" at Cleveland’s Karamu House Theatre. Other
directing credits "Dutchman" and "Riff Raff".