[NEohioPAL]casting child actress for film

Christopher kaimei at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 22:58:57 PST 2005

--------------0BFDD373F48F5E4405BED958

Greetings,

Shallow Focus Entertainment is casting for a young actress who appears
to be between 7 to 9 years of age for a digital feature to be produced
this spring.  This is a vital, second bill role.  The story ties several
productions together into a new marketing campaign for our growing body
of work, and the majority of adult roles in the film will be cast
according to familial resemblance to whoever gets cast to play the girl.

To respond, please reply to this email with subject line intact with a
headshot/photo, resume (if available) and contact information for a
parent/adult guardian of the prospective performer.  If you prefer to
send information via postal mail, please request my address in an email
containing a parent/adult guardian's name and telephone number.  My
contact information will be in the reply.  Because of an overseas trip I
am taking in February, please reply by January 20, 2005.  An interview
will be set up which will involve a short monologue that will be made
available when the interview is scheduled.

Contingency pay (rolling break-even) with deal memo, meals, above the
line credit for the child, production credit for participating guardian,
web presence, free select production services and copy is offered for
this role.  Some of the above compensation is contingent upon successful
completion of the performance.  (Ask anyone who's been to one about our
delicious and nutritious screening parties!)  Every completed production
gets a one year film festival push and receives an average of three
first-look requests from significant distribution companies.  (One of
our regulars has distributed six Academy Award winning features).

Watch the trailer for our recent feature film Sugar by clicking here.
Or visit www.shallowfocus.com, click on the Shallow Focus Entertainment
link, then click on the "demo reel" link.  In the film, Ashley Kaye
(then ten years old) gave an absolutely riveting performance.  As with
Sugar, this production is geared to mature audiences.  While care is
taken to shield our child actors from disturbing images in our work,
young performers being considered for this project should understand how
these images are fabricated as visual effects.  Being able to
differentiate fact from fiction in the programming they watch at home
will be an assessment one should determine of their children before
considering this project.

Shallow Focus Entertainment (F.K.A. Video Verite' Productions) has
brought independently produced features to film festival audiences,
broadcast television and the internet since 1989.  Since the
introduction of digital video production in 1995, we were one of the
first to shoot digitally (starting in 1996) and have completed 10
in-house film festival award-winning features, countless digital
features for clients, and an award winning educational series on
children with autism.  SFE founder Christopher K. Young was named one of
the top 100 producers of 2000 by Studio Monthly magazine (F.K.A. AV
Video Multimedia Producer magazine).  We are gearing up to break ground
again with a marketing strategy which will combine older completed
projects, additional production/reworking of some incomplete work, and
fresh new productions to create a large, original and perhaps heretofore
unheard of body of work available to international audiences as flagship
releases/catalogue titles for Shallow Focus Entertainment's budding
distribution component.

Best Regards,
Christopher K. Young

http://www.shallowfocus.com
http://indie.imdb.com/title/tt0424427/combined
http://indie.imdb.com/title/tt0426590/combined
http://www.avvideo.com/Htm/2000/novIssue/features/top_100/christopher_young.htm

[...]

with <u>Sugar</u>, this production is geared to mature audiences.