[NEohioPAL]Production Manager sought for established digital filmmaker

Christopher kaimei at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 00:13:13 PST 2005

Greetings,

Shallow Focus Entertainment is looking for a production manager for
current and upcoming projects.

Compensation is in contingency pay (rolling break-even) with deal memo
on each production, meals, above the line credit, a page listing your
credits and background on our 1000 hit per month website, free select
production services and copies of productions involved with.  Some of
the above compensation is contingent upon successful completion of
relevant tasks in a given production.  Oh, and did I mention the
parties?

Duties include:  Phoning cast, crew, locations, etc. on schedule
(applicants with unlimited long distance are encouraged to consider);
helping with a monthly in-house ezine to keep cast and crew up to date;
securing locations; internet R&D; help keep things flowing on a set;
help with casting; occasional driving; still photography; authorize
certain purchases; be the voice of the producer and/or director when
they can't be there; attend publicity functions and bring order to
chaos.  10-15 hours per week, often less.  Occasional help with client
videos required of qualified applicants, but such work is paid the day
of production.

The ideal candidate:  has production management/line producing credits
or experience in one or more of the following: screenwriting, SLR
photography, field camera operation, digital video technologies,
assembly or nonlinear editing, continuity, or other relevant skill; is
not afraid of speaking to groups of people; after verifying our work is
not afraid to stand behind it; enjoys working in a respectful but
sometimes caustic work environment; is not afraid of interacting or
confrontation with occasional unusual individuals; is not a morning
person; and has good decision making skills or at least the ability to
explain their decisions to others.

A good start is having at least one referanceable credit in any field on
a previous production of any budget.

Minimum requirements:  must have a car with insurance, a phone with
voicemail/answering machine that you check regularly, an email address
without a size quota that gets checked daily and a desire to do
something strange but rewarding with your life.

To schedule an interview, please reply with your own email address to
verify working email.  Include your name, the name of the town where you
live, a phone number and any background you may have.

Shallow Focus Entertainment, (F.K.A. Video Verite' Productions) has been
making creative features since 1989, having been one of the first in
Ohio to go digital in 1996.  Our narrative productions have received
nominations and awards at film festivals throughout the United States,
and have screened in festivals around the world.  Our most recent
digital feature film Sugar screened at the Ohio Independent Film
Festival this past November and received an Award of Excellence for
digital features from the Berkeley Video and Film Festival, CA's largest
film festival outside of the L.A. area.  We are currently preparing to
diversify ourselves with new client services and distribution services
for independent digital filmmakers around the world with the recent
opening of a satellite production facility in Taipei, where the
groundwork is being laid for productions overseas.

As I will be in Taipei the month of February and want to hit the ground
running in March, I will expect interested parties to contact me by
January 20, 2005 so we can schedule an interview before Feb. rolls
around.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Christopher K. Young

http://www.shallowfocus.com
http://indie.imdb.com/title/tt0424427/combined
http://indie.imdb.com/title/tt0426590/combined